Part 3

Part 3

"Badi malkin, are you sure you just want to talk to that mango thief? I mean I can bring her here and you can call her father or punish her." Satpal kaka, the care taker of mango farm asked Shakuntala devi when she expressed her wish to talk to Mini. "Yes Satpal, don't scold her or her gang. Just call me when you see her in our farm." Shakuntala instructed.

Around afternoon Satpal kaka informed Shakuntala about Mini. First she thought of calling her inside but then changed her mind and went in the mango farm. Shakuntala looked everywhere but couldn't find her anywhere. "Satpal, where is she?" Badi malkin, look up, on that big tree." Satpal pointed towards one tree and Shakuntala gasped looking at it. Mini was standing on one very high branch and plucking mangoes while her friends where doing same on the other trees. For once Shakuntala was worried for her. "How will she get down now?" she thought and as if giving answer to her Mini climbed down from the tree with ease. Shakuntala devi closed her eyes in dread as Mini jumped from above. "Hey bhagwan! Ye Bandar ki tarah ped par chadne wali, ye jungle ladki mere ghar ki bahu....nahi...ye kaise ho gaya? Kya dekha mere bête ne isme?" Shakuntala wondered.

Shakuntala saw Mini was going, she stopped her, "Aey chorni, zara ruk toh...kaha bhagi ja rahi hai?" She shouted. "Chorni kiski boli budhiya? Chorni hogi tu, tera beta, tera pura khandan." Mini snapped back on listening her insult. Shakuntala was shocked at Mini's audacity. Not only she was uncultered but uncouth and mannerless also. "Chorni nahi bolu toh kya bolu? Bina puchhe kisi aur ke bagh se aam chura rahi ho...ye chori nahi hai?" Shakuntala asked. "Nahi, hum log bina puchhe nahi le rahe the....humne Satpal kaka se puchha tha." Mini replied. Shakuntala looked at Satpal for confirmation while he just shook his head in no vehemently. Mini also looked at him. "Wo jab humne puchha tha to wo so rahe the...so unki khamoshi ko humne haan maan liya."Mini clarified earning one more glare from Shakuntala while her gang laughed on her joke.

"Ram ram ram....ek toh chori upar se jhoot bhi bolti hai aur badtameez toh tu pehle se hi hai...aur kya kya gunn hai tujhme...abhi se bata de." Shakuntala said looking at Mini with contempt. "Dekho budhiya...." Mini started but when Shakuntala gasped again on listening 'budhiya', Mini corrected herself, "...badi malkin...I mean dekho badi malkin ji...don't waste my time. I have to go to play cricket with my friends...so just cut the crap...why did you call me?" Mini asked in attitude. "Nothing, just wanted to see you closely...never paid much attention to you previously ...that's why" Shakuntala answered.

"Why? You want to marry your akdu son with me? Why you wanted to see me?" Mini asked in attitude. "Haaye re meri phooti kismet....aisa hi kuch samajh lo." Shakuntala replied. Mini looked at her with suspicion but before she could have gave it a thought her friends called her and she left from there. Shakuntala devi kept looking at her wondering what ruckus she will create at her house once she comes as her daughter in law. Probably she would turn whole house into circus. Shakuntala shuddered as she remembered how Mini jumped from the tree. "No, I wouldn't allow this circus and this type of crass behavior in my house. I should talk to his father very clearly about it." She resolved and called Ashok Khurana.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini, on her way back home met Neil. "Hey you, akdu. Did you complaint about me to your mother? She was asking all sorts of weird questions from me?" Mini asked as she marched towards Neil angrily. "Complaint...about you..me? No, I dare not." Neil answered while smiling knowing well why his mother must have called Mini. "Suno....mere samne ye jyada smart banne ki koshish mat karo." Mini warned. "Or else...what will you do?" Neil asked as he suddenly came close to her and held her hand.