Part 12

Part 12

Mini was missing Neil. She was missing him since he left but only after coming back to his house she realized it. At first she was in denial but then she gave up fighting with her heart and embraced the reality that she is missing him and she has indeed fallen in love with him. Sometimes you don't realize the importance of something until it is not available to you anymore. Mini was away from love. She kept running away from it, kept denying that she can love Neil in the way he loves her but at last her fears, her worries took back seat when her heart revolted against her and proclaimed its ownership now lies with Neil and not with herself.

Once Mini realized it, she accepted her new role, new responsibilities as Neil's wife. The acceptance of wife's role lead way to other supporting roles of daughter in law, owner of the house and she assimilated all that very well. She was now basking in the glow of her new identity and personality.

Mini clicked the pictures of all the dishes she cooked today and contemplated on sending them to Neil but she changed her mind at the last moment. She was missing him. She wanted him to know that but was not sure after what happened between them and the way Neil was upset with her, will he understand? Will he forgive her? She wanted to say so many things but didn't know how to put them in words.

She remembered Neil's words. "Ab jab tum bulaogi tabhi wapas aaunga." But it wasnt so easy for her also to state whats in her heart clearly. After contemplating a lot she just sent him a message. "I am back at Oberoi mansion." She waited with bated breath for the double ticks to turn blue but much to her dismay, nothing happened. She sighed, "May be he is busy in class." She thought and got busy in her work.

In the evening she again checked her phone and found her message had been read. She suddenly become excited for a reply as this was the first conversation in months which she was going to have with Neil after their not so normal and happy goodbye. She waited and waited looking at the phone screen for half n hour but no reply came from the other side. Tears started rolling down her eyes. She didn't even realize it until her vision blurred. "So I was right. Neil is still angry with me. He doesn't even want to talk to me. " She thought as she wiped her tears. "Give him some time. He is upset but he will forgive you soon." A small voice came from inside her heart, giving her hope and she desperately cling to it having no other option.

In the next few days she sent him many messages. Some asking about his health, some informing about him about babes health, pics of the recipes she tried, some forwarded jokes, good morning- good night's quotes in a hope that he will at least once respond to her but she never got anything in return. His apathy and indifference made her sad every time but she wasn't willing to lose her hope. Now she realized how it feels when someone so desperately tries to attract your attention and all you give in return is just ignorance. She recalled all those incidents when Neil tried to befriend her in their initial days and she would look at him suspiciously, doubting his motives.

Few days later Mini was getting ready for the small party in their neighborhood. She checked out herself in the mirror. For once she couldn't identify herself. She was looking perfect. She laughed when she remembered how unkempt, unruly her appearance has been previously. Jungli in true sense, like babes used to called her. But Neil had fallen in love with her in that state also. She remembered when the first time she realized that it is important to look presentable. She has been jealous of Neil's friend. Jazz, that girl wearing sexy sari and how she blushed when other friends teased her for having crush on Neil. "Hmm, she was his classmate right? That means she must be drooling over Neil even now." A sudden wave of jealousy hit her again as she thought of Jazz.