Part 10

Part 10

Mini had realized she has done mistake by pushing him away from her. She didn't want to do it but couldn't help. It all happened in nervousness and on an impulse. She didn't mean to hurt him. She wanted to apologize but when she saw anger in his eyes she couldn't gather up courage and besides this she also had her own self esteem to nurture. And she didn't want to bring up that topic again. She still was not in that comfort zone to share physical proximity with him. "Why all those things are so important for him? Why they just can't be like friends forever? Why he wants to do all those..things...strange things...with her?" Mini wondered for the third time now. She wanted to clarify all that with Neil but whenever she crossed path with him, he looked away, hurt, from her earlier behavior. The initial awkwardness was back in their relationship with that extra mattress on which Neil used to sleep on the floor.

"Why are you sleeping there?" Mini remembered she had asked him timidly that night. "I don't think we should be sleeping together when you hate my touch. It hurts me every time when you push me away like I was forcing myself on you." Neil had replied and without even bothering to see the tears in her eyes, he had turned around and slept. Mini had prayed that may be he will forget everything after sometime. But five days had passed and he was still the same....disconnected...aloof...indifferent. He was talking to her normally but she could feel he was constantly lost in his thoughts. Like he was present with her but was still far away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Sharma, you still haven't prepared the agreement for the house. I will come on Monday with my wife. Please get it done by then." Neil was speaking on his phone. His words caught Mini's attention. "What are you saying?" She asked. "Mr. Sharma is property broker. I had asked him to find a house for me...for us in Delhi." Neil answered in his emotionless voice like he was doing since few days.

"House in Delhi? But why? You told me you live there in PG with some other college friends. Then why you want to shift in new house?" Mini questioned. "I was a bachelor back then but now I cant stay in PG along with you. We will need a separate house." Neil answered casually not getting her point. "And I see you still haven't packed your stuff. We will be leaving early morning on Monday so better keep it ready today itself." Neil suggested.

"What...what do you mean? Why should I pack my stuff? You are going to join your college for MBA right? You will be going there alone...am I...am I..supposed to come with you?" Mini asked in confusion. "Yes, I was going there for college but ...we are married now. So definitely you will come with me. How can I leave you here alone...I will be going there for two years." Neil said as he was shocked why Mini was confused. Was she thinking he will leave her in Patiala for whole two years and why she is shocked? Shouldn't she be happy about it? He looked in her eyes and with heavy heart he asked her, "Minnu, you don't want to come with me?"

"NO. You never told me this before. I don't want to go from here. How can you assume things on your own?" Mini asked him. Neil ran his hands in his hair in frustration. "Minnu, do you realize what are you saying? Two years....without me....how will you manage here alone. And I didn't tell you because I thought its obvious that you are my wife, you will come with me."

"That's your problem. You never ever care about me, my feelings. You just announce your judgments, reach to your own conclusions and assume a lot of things. I don't want to come with you. You will be busy in college whole day, what will I do there...in a new city,,,new environment...between strangers...what will I do? With great difficulty I have moved on from my place, my comfort zone to this new life, new household and now you again want me to start afresh. I cant do this." Mini argued.