Part 9:For Love, For Freedom

Unbeknownst to the devils, on the far side of the planet everything was beginning to vanish. People, places, space itself was beginning to be devoured by an endless and empty void. The end of the world has begun.

These events, all the death and destruction, it was never supposed to happen. None of it. Fate is a fickle thing like that, with the slightest change it's can be sent spinning out of control into places unknown.

Long ago

A man ran through the dark streets of Kuoh, the bloodied robes he was wearing made it clear this man was an exorcist. The man's desperate face was lit up by the glowing sword he carried.

???:QUIT RUNNING ARC!

The fleeing man, Arc, looked back to spot the crazed looking man who carried similar glowing blades was gaining on him.

Arc:(Dammit, I NEVER SHOULD HAVE COME HERE! I NEVER SHOULD HAVE STOLEN EXCALIBUR! I thought.....I could be a hero)

Tears fell from Arc's eyes as he ran, in his hurry Arc barely noticed the young man walking down the street.

Arc:H-he-!

Arc:(S-shit! I can't afford to stop, Freed will probably stop to butcher that kid....I could get away then.....)

Arc did something he didn't understand.He stopped. Freed spotted the young man who didn't seem to be paying attention.

Freed:HA! Poor luck kid!

Freed swung his swords only for Arc to dash in and block the attack.

Arc:Tch! Stay back kid!

The kid, Y/n nodded before he ran off to hide.
Arc turned back to Freed only for a blade to pierce his chest.

Freed: *smirk* Idiot.

Freed snatched Arc's Excalibur before he vanished into a magic circle. As Arc collapsed Y/n caught him.

Arc:*cough* still here huh?

Y/n's previously emotionless eyes seemed to be experiencing some sort of strange sensation, confusion mixed with internal contradiction.

Y/n:W-Why?

Arc:?

Y/n:Why did you save me?!

Arc:W-what does it matter....you should live just as much as anyone else right?

Arc reached up and with a bloody hand, flicked Y/n's forehead.

Arc:So make sure you live a long happy life alright?

As the exorcist had his final breath Y/n seemed to return to his previously emotionless state.

Back in the present

Y/n:Finally made it huh?

Y/n sat besides Pandora's box, watching as Issei in a new form stomped forward.

Y/n:Don't tell me all your friends didn't make it? Poor things.