𝟎𝟎𝟗. 𝐛𝐮𝐠𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐠𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐠𝐬

BUGS, BUGS, AND MORE BUGS
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

⋆𐙚₊˚⊹ chapter nine, season one

[ tw: mentions of child abuse ]

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐀𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐥 𝟏𝟐𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟕
―୨୧⋆ ˚ MARLEY'S POV

   𝐃𝐀𝐃 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐀𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄. The impact of his hand was hard enough to push me back into the bedside table. My eyes immediately swelled with tears, and my fingers grazed my cheek. I flinch at the sting, and when I look back at my father, the tears slip down my cheeks.

I stare up at my father, and just when I think he's about to raise his hand again, Sam grabs ahold of his collar, shoving Dad away from me. He's yelling in his face, demanding that he stay away from me, but everything around me ceases to exist.

I don't understand what's happening.

I was just sitting here, waiting patiently for my family to return from their hunt, and now I'm on the floor and my father has raised his hand to me for the first time ever. While he's aggressive, often gripping my wrists and leaving bruises, he's never once hit me in the face. I never thought he would hit me because I'm his daughter after all, and that's supposed to mean something, right?

I'm shaking when Sam crouches down next to me. I'm unaware of what's going on, only focused on my father who is now being pushed out the door by Dean. Dad is raising his arms, and I watch as he hits Dean in the face, and I'm unsure whether it's accidental or intentional. He's just mad because of me, and he's now taking it out on Dean. I should apologise.

I've often seen Dad hit Dean, and while Dean shrugs it off, it's always frightened me that Dad could one day turn his anger onto me— and now he has.

Sam places his hands on my face, turning my attention over to him as Dad continues to yell and shout at our eldest brother. "Mar?" I remain motionless, and I move out of Sam's grip. "Hey, Marley, talk to me."

Dean has successfully pushed Dad out of the motel room, urging him to go and cool off before he steps back into this room again. The second Dad leaves, Dean locks the door and rushes towards me.

"She okay?" He asks, placing a hand on my cheek. I flinch at the touch, and Dean quickly retracts his hands. "Crap."

"He hit her, Dean." Sam inhales sharply, his hand against my hair. "Dad hit her."