passing doves

Years after King Ben and Queen Mal's grand wedding, Auradon had transformed into a beacon of harmony and progress. The once-fractured realms of villains and heroes now thrived together, blending their diverse cultures and powers into a united kingdom. Under Ben's fair and just rule, and Mal's wisdom and courage, peace reigned, and prosperity flourished.

In the heart of Auradon's capital, the majestic castle stood as a symbol of unity. Its spires reached towards the heavens, glistening in the sunlight, while its gardens, meticulously tended by fairies and elves, bloomed with vibrant flowers from every corner of the realm. The citizens of Auradon, a blend of heroes, villains, and everything in between, roamed freely, their faces alight with contentment.

Mal, now a queen of great renown, had mastered her magic, using it not for power, but to nurture and protect her people. Her dragon-like wings, once a symbol of fear, were now a sign of hope and protection, seen soaring through the skies as she patrolled the kingdom. Ben, ever the compassionate leader, had expanded his father's policies, ensuring that every creature, magical or not, had a voice and a place in Auradon.

Ben and Mal were asleep in their bedroom, wrapped in each other's arms. Ben stirred first, slowly waking up to the early morning light filtering through the curtains. He looked at Mal, still peacefully asleep, her head resting on his chest, and smiled. Carefully, he tried to move away without waking her. She sighed softly but didn't wake up.Ben slipped out of bed and quietly made his way to the bathroom. He turned on the shower, letting the water warm up before stepping in. The warm water cascaded over him, washing away the last remnants of sleep. As he showered, he thought about the day ahead, already planning his duties and meetings. He wanted to let Mal sleep a little longer, knowing how hard she had been working lately.

After he got out of the shower, Ben wrapped a towel around his waist and stepped back into the bedroom. He saw Mal stirring, trying to shield her eyes from the morning light with the blanket.

"Good morning, love" Ben said softly, smiling as he walked over to the bed.

Mal peeked out from under the blanket, her eyes squinting at the brightness. "Morning," she mumbled with a sleepy smile. "You're up early."

"Couldn't sleep any longer," Ben replied, sitting on the edge of the bed. "I didn't want to wake you."

Mal stretched, yawning as she did. "Well, you didn't succeed," she teased, sitting up. "What time is it?"

"Just after six," Ben said. "I have a few meetings today, but I was thinking we could have breakfast together first. How does that sound?"

Mal's eyes lit up at the idea. "That sounds perfect. I could use a good breakfast to start the day." She reached out and took his hand. "How did you sleep?"

"Pretty well," Ben said, squeezing her hand gently. "How about you?"

"Better now," Mal said with a smile. "Let's get ready and enjoy some time together before the craziness of the day starts."

Mal took her time getting ready, choosing a lovely lavender dress that complemented her vibrant hair. As she adjusted the dress and fixed her hair, Ben watched with an amused grin, leaning casually against the doorway.

"You know," he teased, "if you take any longer, we'll be having breakfast for lunch."

Mal rolled her eyes playfully. "Patience, Your Majesty. Looking this good takes time."

Ben chuckled and shook his head. "You're worth the wait."

Finally ready, Mal joined Ben, and they made their way to the dining room. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and baked goods wafted through the halls. As they entered, they were greeted by Ben's parents, Adam and Belle.