memory haul

The next day, the sun peeked through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room

The next day, the sun peeked through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room. Ben woke up first, feeling a sense of calm as he watched Mal sleep peacefully beside him. He quietly slipped out of bed, careful not to wake her, and headed to the bathroom to freshen up.

After a quick shower, he dressed and returned to the bedroom, finding Mal still asleep. He decided to let her rest a bit longer and headed downstairs to see what the day had in store.

In the kitchen, he found Belle already preparing breakfast. The aroma of freshly baked bread and brewed coffee filled the air.

"Good morning, Mom," Ben greeted, smiling as he joined her.

"Good morning, Ben," Belle replied warmly. "How's Mal?"

"Still sleeping," Ben said, grabbing a cup of coffee. "She needs the rest after yesterday."

Belle nodded, concern still lingering in her eyes. "It's good she's getting some rest. There's a lot on her shoulders."

"I know," Ben agreed, taking a sip of his coffee. "I'm doing everything I can to support her."

Belle placed a plate of warm croissants on the table. "You're doing a great job, Ben. Just remember to take care of yourself too."

Ben smiled, appreciating his mother's words. "I will, Mom. Thanks."

As they sat down for breakfast, they heard footsteps approaching. Mal appeared in the doorway, looking slightly groggy but smiling.

"Good morning," she greeted, walking over to join them.

"Good morning, Mal," Belle said, getting up to hug her. "How are you feeling?"

"Better, thank you," Mal replied, returning the hug. She sat down beside Ben, grabbing a croissant. "I needed that sleep."

Ben squeezed her hand. "I'm glad you're feeling better."

As they enjoyed their breakfast, the peaceful moment was interrupted by Lumiere entering the kitchen, carrying a stack of papers.

"Good morning, Your Majesties," Lumiere said with a bow. "I have your schedule for the day."

Ben groaned playfully. "Already, Lumiere? We just woke up."

Lumiere chuckled. "I'm afraid so, Your Majesty. There's a lot to get through."

Mal sighed, glancing at the stack of papers. "Let's get started then. The sooner we finish, the sooner we can relax."

After breakfast, Ben and Mal made their way to the study to tackle their paperwork. However, they were quickly reminded of their photoshoot and painting session by Lumiere, who entered the room with a gentle cough.

"Your Majesties," Lumiere began, holding a clipboard. "I must remind you of your photoshoot and painting session scheduled for today."

Ben slapped his forehead lightly. "I completely forgot about that. Thanks, Lumiere."