chapter nineteen

"i dont want to go home

"i dont want to go home." sunoo muttered as they were both laid down on the grass and watched the stars.

niki stayed silent, its not like he didn't want to answer to what sunoo said, but he didn't feel the need to. i think we all know that watching the late night sky with someone special makes you want to live that moment forever, no?

sunoo liked this so much too. maybe because he is with niki, or maybe because he used to do this with his mother too when he was younger and he just feels nostalgic. but the first part was more truthful.

its actually crazy how they both got so close in such a short time. it felt like yesterday, they were strangers, and now they can't live a day without eachother- or thats more like a one sided thing. but, who cares? as long as they enjoy eachother's company, then it's all good.

"i come here pretty often, its the only place where i can calm down and forget about stuff" niki told sunoo who smiled a little and nodded. "having a safe place must be so nice"

"well, it is," niki mumbled "yeah." after that, he bit his lip, still staring at the sky. "you know, thank you so much."

sunoo raised an eyebrow at that, and turned his head to him. "for what?"

"just.. being there for me, you're the first one to actually make me feel comfortable." the younger admitted, and it somehow felt hard finding the right words to explain.

sunoo wasn't expecting this kind of confession from niki, so he stayed silent at first. was niki being serious? how is he saying this out of nowhere? 

"oh, thats nice" sunoo smiled and after that frowned. the fuck did he mean with 'thats nice'?

"actually what did i just say-" sunoo chuckled nervously and thought that niki might find him weird now.

niki smiled a little too as he felt like laughing. "you're dumb sometimes"

"uhm, excuse me? kim sunoo? dumb?" the older raised both of his eyebrows as he looked over at niki in shock. "i hope you're talking about yourself, nishimura"

"now why are you making me dumb? i ain't dumb at all." the black haired one rolled his eyes with a subtle smile which didn't go unnoticed by sunoo. he found it cute, niki's smile is really beautiful and this moment just makes it all better.

"yeah, yeah okay, if you say so" sunoo shrugged and his gaze went back towards the sky, admiring the beauty of it, while the other one, niki, was looking at sunoo's face. he has no idea what he's feeling at the moment. sunoo is the first ever person to see this place, sunoo is the first person to which niki is able to express his emotions, and the first one to care about him. he was just different as a person.

but... in the end he didnt actually know what he feels, he didnt seem to figure out what these emotions are and this is the only time he's confused about something. what did he actually felt like? his reason of being happy is sunoo and he can admit that over and over again, but was this really love?