chapter twenty four

"so

"so.. where are we again?'' sunoo asked niki who was about to sit down on the sofa. he looked up at sunoo, but still sat down. ''told you, my parents' house.'' he muttered.

the older nodded but wanted to ask something, which he wondered if he really should. 

were the rumours really true? that niki killed his adoptive parents?

sunoo looked down at the latter who had his eyes closed and his head laid on the back of the sofa. could this man ever commit something like that? he looked innocent and sunoo could never imagine him doing something that horrible. niki couldn't do it. he refused to believe something like that.

why do the others actually believe he would? its obvious that he wouldn't, just by looking at his face. even if he doesn't smile much, he looks inoffensive. everybody just likes to hate and make up rumours, and for what? just to ruin someone's reputation.

''whats up? you look conflicted'' niki asked, with his eyes still closed.

how the hell did he even notice?

''nah, im good''

niki opened his eyes again, raising an eyebrow. ''oh come on, dont lie.'' to that, sunoo sighed and sat down next to niki, as he looked at the ceiling. niki furrowed his eyebrows as he looked closer at sunoo's eyes.

he looked like he wanted some answers, and the way he was acting was so obvious the questions werent like what he usually asked. so niki hesitated a little to continue in pushing sunoo to say what he wanted to say. 

''niki, dont misunderstand this..'' sunoo began and as he had his head leaned on the back of the sofa, he looked around in anxiety. 

oh god.

did he find out?

niki gulped. he was scared for the first time of what was going to happen. he clenched his jaw and sat up slowly on the couch as he tried to focus on not freaking out. otherwise, his eyes will turn red again and because of the lack of blood, he will completely lose control, and, around sunoo, nothing and none of that will ever happen- shouldn't happen, atleast.

''but i've heard some rumours saying you killed your family.'' he muttered and then, with a frown, niki turned around and looked at sunoo in a confused manner. 

''i know they're not real, of course! i dont believe that, but.. i just wanted to tell you too.'' the pink haired boy explained and sighed as he noticed how niki was staring at him.

''who said that?'' he asked in a clearly annoyed tone. 

''hyunjin, you know the one who's with li-''

''i know who's hyunjin, sunoo.'' niki said and with a last glance, he turned his head around, to look at the floor, with a lost stare. sunoo bit his lip as he stopped talking and went closer to niki, putting an arm around him and caressing his back in a soothing manner.