i.

I AM WALKING- onto the train to head to my new school. Hogwarts. When I had first found out I was a witch my parents, non-magic people, thought I should go to a less popular school. But by the end of my second year I decided I didn't like the small school, so I convinced them to let me go to Hogwarts.

All my friends were upset but I promised them I would write to them as much as I could. As I was in my thoughts I was scanning each compartment to find an empty one, I thought I was unlucky until I found one. I swiftly slide into the compartment and put my luggage above where I am sitting and sit down and stare out of the window I am seated next to.

I watch as all the first year, with tears in their eyes but also with smiles on their faces, say goodbye to their parents, and some even their younger siblings and get onto the train.

I smile at them all but then start thinking of my first year at Beauxbatons. Me rushing to the train, without my parents who were too busy doing who knows what. My parents may try and act like they cared, when they help me find a smaller school for me, but I knew they were just happy I was going away.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a knock on the compartment. I look up and see a girl about the height of me. She has medium dirty blonde hair, her cheeks the perfect shade of pink matching the rose color on her lips. "May I join you?" She asks me with a small smile. "The other compartments are full." She adds looking beside her, checking to make sure no one was waiting for her to move. "Of course," I tell her and plaster a smile on my lips.

She smiles and slides into the compartment doing the same with her luggage that I had done to mine, and takes a seat across from me.

We stay silent for a bit, both looking out the window of all the families. She breaks the silence, "I must ask. Are you new?" She asks me. She seems nervous. "It's just I've never seen you around and-" She goes to explain herself but I answer her before she can say anything else. "Yes, I am new. I transfer from Beauxbatons."

"Oh by the way, My name is Danielle Longbottom." She says giving me a slight smile. "Valerie Green." I say, returning the smile.

She just smiles and nods. Our compartment turns back into silence.

•*•

It's been about an hour and a half since the train has been on its way to Hogwarts. Me and Danielle have had some of the most entertaining conversations. We were laughing so hard at one of the things her brother, Neville had done when the train comes to a stop. "Are we at Hogwarts already?" I ask her looking out my window to see the school, but to my surprise I am met with nothing but water and some trees in the distance.

"We aren't. We still have maybe another hour left." Danielle tells me, mirroring the same confused look.

She gets up and opens the door of our compartment and looks outside of it but is them jerked back into her seat when the train shifts. "Maybe, we've just broken down?" I tell her, a confused tone in my voice.

After I say that, the lights turn out. Me and Danielle look at each other both now more scared then we were.

I look outside of our window, with my hand against the glass. I look around to see if there is anything outside but see nothing, until I watch as the window freezes. I quickly take my hand off the window. "What the hell?" Danielle whispers, confused.