v.

WE GET TO MCGONAGALL'S OFFICE- Harry knocks on her door and it opens. "Ms. Green, Mr. Potter? What is the pleasure to see you two?" She asks us. "Hello, Professor. We need to speak to you about Valerie's family." Harry tells her as we step into her office. Her eyes change when he mentions my family.

She looks at the seats in front of her desk and gestures for us to sit. We do as she gestures and sit down.

She takes a seat in front of us and waits for either one of us to start speaking. I start telling her why I've came to her. "So, you grew suspicion when the sorting hat said something about not seeing someone of your family name in a while, you asked your parents, and they sent you this letter?" She asks, making sure she has the story right. "Yes." I tell her.

She nods and looks at the letter in her hand I gave her as I was speaking. "What your parents have told you is true, Ms. Green. But I can't help you find your true parents because, they were killed." She says and stops, looking at Harry. "The same way his parents were killed." She informs me.

My breath hitches. Harry grabs my hand and squeezes it. "Do I have any other family? That I could talk to about my parents?" I ask her. "You do, but they aren't blood. They are more so, chosen family." She tells me. "One of which, is one of your Professors," She tells me and pauses. "Professor Lupin." She tells me.

My lips press into a smile. "You two may go now, don't want you two to miss any classes." She tells us. We nod and leave her office.

When we leave I let out a sigh, "I strangely feel a lot better." I tell Harry as we walk to our class. "I know exactly what you mean." He tells me.

•*•

Hagrid had taken us into the forest for our lesson with what we found out was to be a Hippogriff. Harry was the first to experiment with the creature whose name is Buckbeak. It went great for him so of course Malfoy had to show his worth.

I watch him as he walks over to Buckbeak acting all confident. Hagrid is warning him to get back but it is too late, Buckbeak had stood up and scratched the boy on the arm. He falls back on the ground and starts whining. A laugh escapes my lips, earning a stare from Hagrid. "He must be taken to the Hospital wing!" Hermione tells Hagrid.

"Alright. Ms. Green." Hagrid says and looks at me. "Please escort Malfoy to Madam Pomfrey." My smile that was once on my face fades. "Of course, sir." I nod to him and make my way through the crowd and to the whining Draco that is on the ground. "Bloody chicken. You're gonna regret this." Draco says as I help him up and put his unhurt arm around my shoulder and walk him back to the castle.

We get to the hospital wing doors and Draco is still whining. "Will you stop your whining. It's just a scratch." I tell him. "That's what you think. That thing most definitely broke my arm." He says to me. I roll my eyes at him and hand him over to Madam Promfrey.

I give her a apologetic smile and leave the room.

•*•

I head to the great hall where I find Ember and Danielle sitting with each other. "Hey, guys." I say to them as I walk behind them. They jump and look at me. "Hi." They both say, their voices sounding nervous. "What were you two talking about?" I ask them, wondering why their conversation had made them this nervous. "Nothing, but I was just leaving. I'll talk to you two later." Danielle says and is quick to leave. "That was odd." I say laughing a bit. "Yeah." Ember's voice kind of trailing off.

I was about to ask her a question when Mattheo comes up to me, "Can I talk to you, Val?" He asks me. I look at Ember and she just nods. "Yeah sure." I tell him and get up. We walk outside the great hall and into an empty corridor. "So, what is it you wanted to talk about?" I ask him.

He takes a deep breath. "I've wanted to ask you this for awhile not but I've just boiled up the courage, I-" I stop him. "Look, Mattheo. I think I know where this is going but, the answer is no." I tell him.

He presses his lips together and nods. "I really am sorry, but I don't know you well enough to know if I like you or not." I tell him. "No, no. No need to be sorry. It was stupid of me to think you would like me, because of how much we don't talk." He says laughing. "No, it wasn't stupid. Just not the right timing." I tell him with a smile on my face. "Thank you for letting me down easy?" He says, put is more of a question. "No problem." I say almost laughing.

We both start laughing. "I'm gonna get going, see you around Val."

I watch him walk away and he doesn't head back inside the great hall but the opposite way.

"Someone's already being a heartbreaker." I hear someone say from behind me. I don't need to look to see that it's Draco. "I wouldn't call that breaking someone's heart," I turn to him, "But you should know all about that." I say with a smirk on my lips.

"You know it." He winks at me. I roll my eyes at him.

He stands there looking at me before scoffing and walking past me making sure he hits my shoulder as he does. "Asshole." I say under my breath. Thankfully he didn't hear me and he just walks into the great hall.

As the blonde, I head into the great hall not soon after and take a seat next to Enzo.

•*•

That night we all meet up in the astronomy tower, without Draco and Pansy. "You know, I will kill you if this goes horrible." Danielle tells me. "Merlin, Longbottom. You are turning into Valerie." George says to her. "I promise you, nothing will go." I tell her.

•*•

The night went by great, and Danielle had a blast. Better than she let on.

•*•

*AUTHORS NOTE*

I really hope you all are enjoying this so far. I'm trying my best to make it as enjoyable as possible! Let me know if there is anything you all would like me add!!