vi.

ITS BEEN A WEEK SINCE- my conversation with Mattheo in the corridor. Neither one of us have really spoken to each other since. There's been awkward smiles here and there but nothing else and nothing more. Until this morning.

Mattheo seated in front of me, with Danielle and Ember on either sides of me, we are all talking about what we will be doing for the day. "I say, we hit some shops first, get everyone to meet at the Three Broomsticks, and then go to Honey Dukes before we head back!" Danielle, telling her plan to us. "I agree with this plan." I say to her. Mattheo and Ember nodding in agreement.

"What are you four chatting about?" Enzo asks heading over to where the four of us are sitting. "About are plans for today in Hogsmeade!" Danielle says to him. "Don't worry, we aren't leaving you out of it or any of the others. Maybe other than Draco and Pansy that is." I say to him. "Great. I honestly don't have it in me today to deal with that boy." Danielle says.

I nod in agreement.

"We should probably head outside, I think that's where everyone is." Mattheo says, reffering to the great hall that is now empty.

We head outside and like Mattheo thought, that's where everyone is. Danielle heads over to her her friends in Gryffindor, while me and the two others head over to the rest of our friends.

As we are walking over to them, Draco is standing with his goons, Crabbe and Goyle, along with Pansy. "You know what, I'm gonna go chat with Harry." I tell them. Before anyone can stop me or say anything, I am next to Harry. "You going to Hogsmeade today?" I ask him. "No, didn't get the permission slip signed.

I nod, "Then I'll stay with you. I can go the next time." I tell him. "No, you go have fun with your friends. I'll be fine on my own." He tells me. "Nope, made up my mind already. Plus I've been meaning to talk to Lupin." I tell him. "You're bloody impossible." He says and lets out a chuckle.

"I'm gonna go inform my friends that I will not be with them today, then I will be back to bug you!" I tell him and walk over to my friends. "Hey, I'm not gonna go today, I'll go next time we go. I need to speak to Lupin." I tell them. They all nod and tell me how much they will miss me.

I walk back over to Harry and wrap my arm around his. 

McGonagall soon comes outside with Finch telling us the rules of the evening and then the lot of kids are off to Hogsmeade.

•*•

Me and Harry are on the bridge with Lupin and talking about why the boggart Harry faced on the train didn't turn into Voldemort but into a dementor instead. "I think it was my mother... the night she was murdered." Harry tells him talking about the scream he heard that night on the train.

"You know, the first time I saw you, Harry, I recognized you immediately. Not by your scar; by your eyes. They're your mother Lily's." Lupin tell him. "Same goes for you, Valerie." He tells me.

I smile at the fact of talking about my mother. "Yes. Oh, yes. I knew them. Your mothers were best friends. Both of them were there for me at a time no one else was. Not only were they both singularly gifted witches, they were also an uncommonly kind women. They had a way of seeing the beauty in others. Even, and perhaps most especially, when that person could not see it in themselves." Lupin tells us.

I can't help but let my smile grow bigger at the thought of how my mother was. "Well, your father, Harry. James, on the other hand, he, uh... he had a certain, shall we say talent for trouble. A talent, rumor has it... he passes on to you." Lupin says walking back over to us both, standing between me and Harry. "You're more like them than you know, Harry." Lupin says turned to him.

Lupin looks at me, "And, you're more like your mother than you know. I wish I could say the same as your father but, none of us never knew who your father was. But god-father, you and him would've been very close, if he didn't die." Lupin tells me.

I just nod my head. "In time, you'll both come to see just how much." Lupin tells us.

•*•

We are all now sitting in the great hall, all yawning from how tiring today was., with all the walking we did.

I look over at the Gryffindor table and see Fred slapping Ron's hand which was trying to make his way into Fred's Honey Dukes bag. I laugh at the sight but get turn around when I feel someone staring again.

I wasn't shocked this time when I met eyes with Malfoy. He stayed staring, narrowing his eyes at me. I don't break it until someone waves their hand in front of my face. "What are you staring at?" Ember asks me. "Nothing." I say way too quickly. "Okay," She says, pausing and looks at me for a second, "Anyway. Today was amazing, and guess what!" She tells me and pauses.

Before I have time to guess she answers for me. "Danielle is letting meet her brother!" She almost yells. "Bloody, no need to let the whole school know of your crush on your best friends brother." I say laughing about how excited she is.

"Shove off!" She tells me.

•*•