xiii.

I AM LAYING IN MY BED, THINKING ABOUT WHAT HAD HAPPENED TONIGHT- the amount of turns there were.

I jump when there was a tap on my window. I see my owl with a letter.

I get out of my bed and open my window, grabbing the letter and open it.

I read the letter from my father and I smile for once tonight after all that happened. I run my hand over my fathers signature at the bottom after I finish reading it. I hold the letter close to my chest.

The parchment feels weird on the fabric of my dress.

I still hadn't taken it off, I was too tired and too upset to.

I let out a breath as I close my eyes. My mind plays images of what happened between Harry and I.

I open my eyes and shake my head. Quit this Val! I yell to myself in my head.

I fold the parchment back and place it on the table, getting up and changing into pajamas.

I wasn't tired anymore.

I head into the common room and out to the hall.

Deciding to take a walk to clear my head.

I shiver as my warm feet hit the cold floors of the halls. It felt nice though. I continue to walk the cold, quiet, and dark halls.

I can still hear distant music, the ball must still being happening. I decide to go to the stair before the Great Hall and people watch.

As I reach the stairs I see Hermione sitting on them, and he shoulders are moving as if she is crying. I walk over to her and place my hand on her shoulder causing her to look up at me.

She furrows her brows and looks me up and down. "Why are you in pajamas?" She asks me, wiping a tear off her cheek. "Oh," I say looking down at my pajamas. "I left and was going to sleep but I couldn't, so I decided to come people watch." I inform her. She nods her head.

She then places her head on my shoulder. "Boys are so stupid." She says, letting out a sob. I wrap my arms around her, comforting her. "What happened?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Ronald. He spoils everything!" She tells me.

I nod my head, "Ah..." I say quietly. "Is he upset about you and Viktor?" I ask her. She nods. "Very. And I'm not even sure why. I mean it's not like I was his first choice to ask!" She says, getting upset again.

I play with her hair as I comfort her. "Mione." I say to her, she looks up at me. "It's because he likes you." I tell her. "What?" She asks me. "He does, I know it may not seem like it but he does. Boys are stupid and confusing when they like someone." I tell her.

My mind filling back with what happened between Harry and I.

"Valerie?" She asks me, I feel her hand wipe a tear off my face. "What happened tonight?" She asks me.

I shake my head, "No, I'm not talking about myself. I'm here to help you." I tell her.

She shakes her head, "I'll be fine. Ron and I will make up by tomorrow, I'm just being dramatic." She tells me, "Know what's going on in your head?" She asks me.

I lay my head on her shoulder this time, telling her about all that happened. All the things with Dani and Harry.

She comforts me and tells me she will talk to Harry, I nod my head.

•*•

She ends up walking back to the Slytherin common room. "I'll talk to him, tomorrow." She says, hugging me.

I nod my head, and let go of the hug.

She gives me a kiss on cheek and walks away.

I walk back into the common room and to my dorm, where I lay down on my bed and fall asleep.

•*•

Its the next morning and I am sat with all my friends in Slytherin. "So, did you and Pansy have a fun night Theo?" I hear Mattheo ask him. Theo rolls his eye and Pansy blushes.

What the hell is this all about?

I shake my head and ignore the whole conversation. "Um, Val." I hear Enzo say to me, I look up at him and furrow my brows. He points behind me. I turn and see Harry walking over to me.

A shock expression on my face as he stops in front of me. "Can I talk to you, Val?" He asks me. I nod my head and stand up.

I follow him out to the hall.

"Um, look... I wanted to talk about last night." He tells me. I nod my head.

"I'm sorry about running off after I, you know, kissed you." He says, "I was just in shock that I did it and at that time." He tells me. "You were in shock?" I ask him laughing a bit. "Right yeah. But I want you to know I don't regret it. I've wanted to do that for a while actually. And I accept you apology." He rambles.

I nod my head, "I've wanted you to do that for a while as well." I tell him.

His cheeks glow red and his lips press into an embarrassed smile.

He leans forward again and his lips meet mine again, but not as long as last night. "Happy late Christmas, by the way Vallie." He says to me. Before kissing me again.

I smile into the kiss before pulling away and hugging him. "Happy late Christmas Harry." I say to him.

I pull away from the hug, "So are we good now?" I ask him.

He nods his head, "Yes we are." He tells me, taking my hand in his. Locking our fingers together. "Now, come sit with us again." He says, pulling me back into the Great Hall.

I sit down between Harry and Ron. "You two finally make up?" Ron asks us. "Yes we did." I say looking at Harry and smiling.

I look over at Mione and she has a smirk on her lips, and so does Dani.

I give her a smile and she returns it. "I'm sorry." She mouths to me. "I forgive you." I mouth back at her. Which only makes her smile bigger.

Now it's time to focus back onto the tasks.

•*•