viii.

"POTTER?" I ALMOST SCREAM- "Bloody hell, Val. Keep it down," Danielle cups her hand over my mouth. "But yes, Harry Potter likes you. For what, I'm not sure." Danielle tells me. I slap her shoulder for the comment she just made.

We are laughing at all of what was just said, "Can I tell you something?" I ask her. "Sure," She tells me, "You better not tell me you like Potter too." She says jokingly. I give a guilty smile to my  best friend. "Oh, my! You do!?" She almost jumps up. "Shush!" I tell her, "And just a tiny bit, I mean, I'm sure it's just of how close we've been here lately. We both will grow out of it." I tell her.

She just shrugs, "We should get going, don't want Snape to yell at us." I tell her. I stand up and then help her up before we leave the bathroom and go to Snapes class.

•*•

"That was hell." I say leaving with Harry. "Honestly." Hermione agrees.

We all continue to talk as we are walking to the great hall. "Are you going to sitting with us today?" Harry asks me. "Of course!" I tell him. "Great." I hear Ron say. I don't say anything to him just keep quiet.

We all take our seats, "Are you ready for your match tomorrow?" I ask Harry. "Not sure. I think Draco is planning something." He tells me fiddling with a piece of parchment in his hand before handing it to me. I open the parchment and see a moving drawing of harry on his broom getting struck by lighting.

I roll my eyes at the picture. "I'm sure he won't do anything. He's too scared to get in trouble with Snape," I tell him. "Not to mention he doesn't want to lose house points." Hermione adds on. Harry lets out a small laugh and his lips press into a smile. "Valerie!" I hear my name called from the entrance of the hall.

I turn my head and see the twins.

They come over to me and sit on either side of me, pushing Harry down. "If it isn't our favorite Slytherin!" George says putting his arm around me.  Fred does the same but leans in to say something, "I think Harry is jealous." I look at the redhead confused. He then tilts his head over in the direction Harry is.

I look at Harry and see that his smile is gone and his jaw is tightened. "No, he's just nervous for the match tomorrow." I say to them, coming up with a lie. "Jaw tightened over a match? Yeah right." George says to me.

I change the subject to something else. We start a conversation that gets everyone talking. Even Harry, who still has a clenched jaw.

•*•

The stadium is full of cheering. "Couldn't they have changed this game to another day? Like a nice sunny day. Not a cold and stormy one." Ember complains. "I don't think they can change games, Ember. But I agree it's freezing!" I tell her.

We are interrupted with people screaming, I look and see Harry falling. I watch as he doesn't land very hard, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I push past everyone and make my way down to help harry.

When I get down there all of his friends were with him as Dumbledore is carrying him. "He will be alright, just be out for a bit." Dumbledore tells us. "What happened?" I ask. "Dementor." Ron tells me. My jaw clinches. "Are they not gonna get those Dementors under control?" I almost scream. Hermione grabs my hand and rubs it, trying to calm me down.

We walk with Dumbledore all they to the hospital wing. We all stay by Harry side until he wakes.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron says. "Peaky?" Fred asks his brother. "What'd you expect?" George asks him. "He fell over a hundred feet." Fred tells him. "Yeah, let's walk you off the Astronomy tower and see how you look." I say to Ron.

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does." I hear harry say, I see that he is awake. After he says that everyone lets out a chuckle.

He sits up on the bed. "How are you feeling?" Hermione asks him. "Oh, brilliant." Harry says to her. "You gave us a right good scare there, mate." George says to him. "What happened?" Harry asks us. "Well... you fell off your broom." Ron tells him, like he didn't already know. "Really?" Harry asks him, sarcastically. "I meant the match. Who won?" Harry asks.

Hermione looks at me and I nod at her. "Um..." She says standing up. "No one blames you, Harry. The dementors aren't supposed to come inside the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. As soon as he saved you, he sent them straight off." Hermione tells him. "There's, uh, something else you should know, too, Harry." Ron tells him. "Um, when you fell, your broom, it-it sort of blew into the Whomping Willow and..." Ron tells him, unraveling the blanket and shows Harry's broken broom.

Harry's face changes. I haven't known Harry long but I know that, that broom means everything to him.

•*•

Everyone leaves Harry, but I stay.

Harry has fallen back asleep and I'm sitting on his bed just watching him. "I thought I would find you here." I hear Danielle's voice from the front of the hospital wing. I look at her and put my finger my lips, signaling her to be quiet.

She mouths 'Sorry' as she walks over to me. She's holding a plate of food.

"I thought I would bring you some food." She tells me handing the plate to me. "Thank you." I tell her giving her a smile. "You really like him don't you?" She asks me.

I look back at the boy and nod my head. "I really do." I tell her. I look back at her and she's smiling. "You should probably head to your dorm soon. It's almost curfew." She tells me. "I will. Thank you for the food." I tell her.

She nods and leaves.

I look back at the boy before standing up. I fix the blanket around him and leave.

•*•

The next few days were painfully slow, since I was waiting till I would see Harry back at his usual spot at the Gryffindor table, but today was the day.

I walked inside the great hall did a quick scan of the Gryffindor table and there I saw him. I quickly went over to him and hugged him. "Oh, I'm so glad to see you again." I tell him hugging him tight.

He pushes me back a bit, "I'm happy to be back." He says giving me a soft smile and turning back to his friends.

I look at Hermione with furrowed eyebrows. She looks at me and shrugs.

I just scoff and walk away. After everything I did for the boy while he was in the hospital wing, and this, this is how I get treated back.

•*•