i.

THE SUMMER AT THE ZABINI'S- was incredibly. Their mother was so nice and treated me as her own. But the day has finally come to go back to Hogwarts. I was packing when Ember comes into my room, rushed. "Have you seen the paper?" She asks me slamming the door. I turn to her and furrow my brows. "No, why?" I ask her.

She looks at me apologetic. "You are going to want to see this." She says, handing me the paper that I didn't realize was in her hand. I grab the paper and start reading. "Shit. So he is back?" I ask her. "Yep." She tells me. "It's okay," I say handing her the paper. "We are all going to be ready. I know it." I tell her. She nods. "Oh, are you about ready? We are leaving in ten." She tells me. "Yep, just have a few other things to pack." I tell her. She smiles and nods, leaving me to finish packing.

I take a deep breath and think more of what I said, were we ready for if he comes back?

 •*•

We arrived to the train station about an hour ago, when we did the station was full of a bunch of first years and their parents. "Hey, we are going to go find a place to sit. You coming with us?" Ember asks me. "Yeah! Sorry, I was just watching all the chaos." I tell her laughing. "How could you not?" A familiar voice said behind me.

I turn and see the infamous Draco Malfoy. I roll my eyes at him. "Where are we all sitting?" He asks us. "Um..." Ember says, not able to know what to say to the oddly nice blonde. "We aren't sure yet," Blaise answers for his sister. "You can come with us while we find a spot though." He offers. "That would be lovely." Draco says to him, with a smile rather than a smirk.

The two boys walk in front of me and Ember. We give each other a shared confused look before following the boys.

It doesn't take us long to find an empty seating since all of the chaos and commotion is outside on the platform. "Is this enough for all of us?" I ask the lot. "It should be, if not I'm sure we can scare some people off." Draco says to me winking.

I chuckle at the boy but quickly stop because I almost forgot who we are talking with. I mean it's Draco Malfoy. He hates us and we hate him. Or so I thought.

We all sit around the table and talk as we wait for the others to come and find us. Which doesn't take long since we are one of the first seats on the train. "How was everyone's summer?" Enzo asks us all. We all collectively say are summer was good. "Any summer romance?" Pansy asks us all.

Everyone looks around at each other. "Mattheo?" Ember asks him, who is hiding his face. "It was just a fun little hookup, nothing major." He says to us. We all let out a collective 'O' sound after he says that.

We all break off into our own conversations and after a while I am getting hungry. "Hey, I'm gonna go get something from the trolly," I tell the lot as I scoot out of my seat. "Any of you want anything?" I ask them. "I was actually about to say the same thing, so I'll come with you." Draco says, scooting out of his seat.

I nod to him and we head to find the trolly.

When we find it, I see Ron sticking his head out of the compartment to buy something from the trolly. I laugh at the boy, because I know the boy probably already has a lot of snacks already. After he gets his treats Harry goes to buy something to.

My heart almost stops when I see him. I haven't spoke to him since last year, I hope everything is alright with him. I watch him as he looks and smiles at something on the other side of him. I follow his gaze and see that it is Cho. I scoff.

Draco looks at me and then at what I am staring at, that received the reaction I just had. "Ah." He says. I look at him and furrow my brows. "You, Potter. Chang?" He asks me. I press my lips together. "No." I immediately say, "Me and Harry, I thought there was something but..." I look back at the boy, "I guess not anymore."

Draco just looks at me and for a second I swear I caught a hint of remorse in his eyes. "Anything from the trolly dears?" The lady at the trolly asks us. "What do you want?" Draco asks me, "My treat." He adds. "Um, just a chocolate frog and licorice." I tell him, with a smile on my face. "Okay. I'll take those two things and another chocolate frog, please." Draco tells the lady.

She nods and hands him those things, and he gives her the money. "There you go dears." She tells him and walks away. As she does I catch the eyes of Ron and he's looking in between me and Draco. "Here you go, Val." Draco says handing me my sweets. "Thanks." I say to him, earning a smile from the boy.

Maybe he has changes.

 •*•

We get to Hogwarts after what seemed like hours or riding and the boys all picking fun at each other. As we are walking into the castle court yard a bunch of people are gathered around watching in the sky. "What's going on?" I ask. "Two new schools are coming!" An excited Danielle says from behind me. "Dani?" I almost yell.

We look at each other and run to each other, wrapping each other in our arms. "Why didn't you write?" We both asked each other. "I was too busy dealing with tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum over there." I tell her, pointing at the two siblings that are already bickering with earns a laugh from Danielle.

She lets out a sigh. "What is it?" I ask her. "Can we talk? After dinner?" She asks me. "Yeah." I tell her, confused. "Okay. Love you, I'll see you later." She says, squeezing my arms and walking inside.

I furrow my brows at the encounter I just had with my best friend. "Why's your face like that?" Draco asks me as he walks over to me. "It's because I saw your hideous face coming over here." I tell him. He scoffs and places his hand over his heart. "I'm never doing anything nice for you again." He says, flipping his hear around and walking away.

I shake my head at the dramatic blonde walking away. "What was that about?" Ember asks me. "Draco is honestly not that bad of a person." I tell her. "Do you hear yourself? What happened to the Val that punched him in his face and almost hexed him?" She quickly asks me. I laugh, "Oh, she's still there. But right now, he isn't awful." I tell her. "He definitely put something in your sweets while you weren't looking." She tells me.

I roll my eyes at her and laugh as I walk away. "You think I'm crazy! I'm not crazy!" She says as she follows me. "A not crazy person wouldn't have to justify that their not crazy." I tell her.

 •*•