Chapter 16 Alya's Reaction

Alya's POV:

   She brings in the paper and gasps.

    "Nino wrote a poem for me." She says.

   She smiles and feels tears of happiness at the same time.  

        By now she is feeling much better. She gets ready for the next concert.

       She decides to curl her hair a bit at the tips. There the hair is all done. She puts on a dress for once.

     She has not worn a dress for a while. This one is black with an orange ribbon around the waist. She picks out some black sandals to match. 

     She is all set. She hopes Nino will be glad to see her. She sighs. 

          She grabs her black purse and puts her wallet, some mints, her house key, some chewing gum, an extra hairbrush, a t-shirt, and a pair of shorts inside it. She is all ready to go.

          *author's note: The extra clothes are in case, she changes her outfit later or spills something on the dress by accident.

           She arrives at the concert hall ten minutes early. She sits in her usual spot. She sees that Adrienette is already there along with the others. 

         "Alya is that you?" Marinette asks.

       "Yes, why? Is it too much?" Alya asks.

       "No, I am just surprised. I do not think I ever remember seeing you wear a dress." Marinette says.

       "Today, I felt like dressing up," Alya says. She does not say a word about the poem.

      The band arrives on stage. The curtain comes up. The audience cheers. Alya cheers the loudest for Nino.

         Nino sees Alya is back. He smiles. He notices she is dressed up. He blushes. He thinks, man she looks so beautiful tonight. He plans to speak with her after the concert.

          He starts playing the next song as Rose sings, and the others play their instruments as usual.

         Later, after the concert, Nino approaches Alya. He holds her hand. "Why are you here, dressed like that?" He asks.

              "Is something wrong with the way I am dressed?" Alya asks.

               "No, I like it, but..." Nino began.

               Alya wraps her arms around him. She whispers, "Nino, I am not stupid. Thanks for the poem, handsome." 

               Nino blushes at the closeness of her proximity to him. He sees she is gleaming as she looks into his eyes. He places a hand on her waist and the other on her left cheek.

                "A-Alya?" He stutters.

              "Y-Yes, Nino, what is it darling?" Alya flirts with him.

               "I am glad you are here." He says.

               "Well, good cause I am happy to be here with you," Alya says. She speaks softer than before.

                Nino blushes even more now. "Alya, you seeing anyone?" 

              The others cheer backstage. Alya looks at him longingly. "Well, that depends babe, are you available?" Nino smirks at her. "Yes, I am, but only to you, honey," He answers.

                   Alya closes the small gap between them by kissing him. Nino feels as if her lips fit his perfectly. He does not seem to notice his friends looking on right now he is too busy focusing on Alya. He kisses her.  Alya deepens the kiss. Nino mutters, "A-Alya?" "Yes, Nino, dear?" Alya says when he pulls away.  "You are standing on my toe," Nino says. "Sorry, Nino," Alya apologizes.

                 Nino takes Alya's hand in his and they leave together. Everyone is happy for them. Everyone expect for Lila. She glares at them in disgust. "What could he possibly see in that that horrid girl!" Lila spat out. She is furious. She stomps off.

                     The others think, good riddance. They wish she would quit the band for good. None of them wants Nino's ex-girlfriend around, she is a stuck-up snob.

                   Alya and Nino have a nice meal together. Then, they go to his place. Alya snuggles beside him on his sofa. Nino pulls a blanket over them. He is glad to have Alya beside him. When she drifts off, he smiles at her.  He kisses her forehead. "Sweet dreams, my darling, Alya." He says.

            The story continues in Chapter 17

            Until then,

         bye-bye,

   little owlets!

   Summer out!