EP 1

Joong was bored with these kind of gathering where he has to rub shoulders with the upper class and flaunt his wealth. It was all a meaningless game but a game he had to play. That's the rule of the game for him to be an influential alpha in the state that he was in. His clan depended on it. But it's all too boring with the omegas throwing themselves at him, acting all submissive and coy. His brother, Khaotung and his second in command- Pond would always chuckle, watching him suffer a little before coming in to save him. 

"I can't just shoo them away like that. The elders will have my head if you didn't at least show an interest to an omega. They've been waiting for ages." Pond whispered. Joong rolled his eyes. 

"Why don't you find one, Khao? so they will let me off the hook" Khaotung shook his head, demanding that he don't drag him into his drama. 

Apart from their bickering, it was all in all just another boring gathering where he showed his latest collection- the mermaid's tears. Everyone looked at it in awe. A mermaid hasn't been sighted for more than a decade, so it's fascinating how Joong could get his hand on their tears. It was moments like this that somehow compensated for the boring task that he had to go through. 

Joong was known to gather the rarest mythical items. That's what drew the upper class to his gathering. It was a rare opportunity to be able to witness what was once common in their world. Not saying there weren't any more mystical creatures now, it's just that no one has a death wish. They were mostly located in the Asoka forest that no one dared to entered because no one comes out alive. So, everyone flocked Joong's gathering just to have a glimpse of the rarity there is today. Not just anyone is invited, only the selected are invited. It gave Joong the upper hand and businesses partnerships grew because they know what Joong is capable of. 

They ended the gathering as usual but what he didn't expect was what happened after. He heard the alarm sounding dead in the middle of the night. Everyone was scurrying to catch the thief when Joong entered the room. No one expected what happened next. The person leaped into the air, heading right for Joong. All he saw was a shadow above him before he felt a knife to his neck. Everyone was stunned. None of them dared to make a move with their clan alpha in his hands. 

"Thank you for being my ticket out of here, love." He laughed before scurrying off. When Joong mentioned boring, he didn't think he needed this kind of excitement. His latest collection was gone. 

"Why are fuming, hia? It's not like you need it." Khaotung grumbled. It was true, they were all show piece but he didn't like the fact that someone stole from right under their noses. Not just anyone, he could scent him. It may not have been floral but the sweet scent betrayed him and revealed his designation as an omega. That sweet honey and nectarine scent along with the earthy tone of sunflowers. It stirred something within his inner alpha that he didn't understand. He was fuming that an omega breached his security and had the gall to steal from him. Does he even know who he stole from? His pride wouldn't let it go. 

"I want him tied up in my basement by the end of the week, Pond."  Joong demanded but that omega was smart. He left without a trace and none of them could track him.

***

Joong had all but forgotten about it until a business acquaintance invited him to a bar. They had sat near the bar, where he saw the bartender shamelessly flirting with a few female omegas. They were eating up him, smiling coyly and giggling at his jokes. His voice was deeper than he remembered but his scent couldn't be wrong- that sweet earthy scent of sunflower, honey and nectarine. 

I've got you now. Joong thought and smirked behind his glass of whiskey. 

The bartender smiled as his colleague left. He locked the door and was about to clean up the place. He surely didn't expect someone to slam him up the wall. His face was smacked against the wall while his attacker held his arms.