11 ~ Beautiful

Techno's POV

A week has passed since our honeymoon. Vera has been different. I think she may be coming down with a sickness. She has been exhausted lately, staying in our bed for hours until she would run to the bathroom.

My wife went through another month of this same routine before we found the reason. It was hard to detect in my kingdom. She hadn't gotten her period, hence the determined reason for her sickness.

We are expecting a child. My dear wife has picked out two names, one for a boy and one for a girl.

Of course, I helped her.

No, he didn't

As my wife's pregnancy has continued, she has become more and more exhausted, requiring random meals, extended naps, and assistance walking through the castle and getting changed. Her wardrobe has certainly changed since her bump has grown. She went from well-fit dresses to more loose ones.

"Honey!"

I rushed into our bedroom, "Yes, my love?"

She gave me a look, "No, I want honey."

I sent Clark to get the honey, along with some crackers and rolls, my dear loves those with honey.

I sat next to her and pulled her close, massaging her shoulders. She relaxed in my arms.

"You should stop worrying about your duties. It's well past time for you to take your leave."

She shook her head, "I am merely 7 months, I will take leave at 8 months and one week."

I stopped massaging her shoulders and back and rubbed her belly, "Darling, I insist you take leave now."

She went to stand up from the couch, attempting to make her statement on how she shouldn't. As she failed to stand, she rested back against me. "Don't say anything," she muttered, not wanting me to comment.

"You know I have to." I chuckled, pulling her closer, "You can't stand on your own dear, how do you expect to visit our people?"

"I have Amber to assist me."

I stood up, repositioning Vera so that I could lift her in my arms. She weighed a bit more, but she was still light as a feather. I carried her to the bed and laid her down. "My love, you are tiny, and you are pregnant with my child," I gestured to my tall build, "our baby is bound to be a bit larger than normal. And the baby is your first. You should rest as much as you can before the baby is born."

Amber came into the room with the doctor.

"Amber, I don't have an appointment until next week-"

The doctor sat next to Vera, "I'm aware. But my concerns have raised since our last appointment and I need to confirm if my theory is correct or not."

I pulled Vera close, "What is the theory?"

The doctor shook his head, "I do not wish to discuss before confirmation, nor do I believe it appropriate."

Vera rubbed her bump, "If there is something wrong with my baby, then I demand to know. You will not withhold information from your queen."

"Last appointment, I thought I heard a second heartbeat. I wish to check to ensure I am correct before planting that thought into Your Majesty's mind."

Vera had me assist her to change into her proper wear for doctor visits and the doctor checked her baby bump thoroughly with the stethoscope. By the time he left, it was confirmed.

We are having twins.

For the next month, everything went smoothly. Not knowing the genders, Vera and I each picked two names, one for a girl and one for a boy. The first twin born was to be named by Vera's name for their gender, and the same for the second one from me.

When the day finally came, my dear wife's time to give birth, we brought only the best medical team to help her deliver both babies safely.

The first, a boy, was named Nikolai. The second, a girl, was named Ines.

Nikolai looked just as his mother but with my pink-toned hair. Ines looked identical to her mother. They were beautiful, I was thrilled they didn't get my features as I believe they would ruin their perfect, flawless, faces.

Vera called me crazy when I confessed that to her. She almost yelled at me, but her sweet voice forbid her from doing so.