7 ~ Honey

(A/N: This book will be written in Techno's POV until further notice)

One Month Later

Vera was finally fully healed. Her skin was still pink where she was injured but it wasn't bad anymore. I hadn't gone on a trip anywhere in a while.

I'm in a meeting with Phil, Niki, Ranboo, and Connor. Vera was taking a nap the last I saw her. I wasn't expecting her to wake up for at least another hour.

A soft, barely audible, knock came from the door. I stood from the table. No one is supposed to bother meetings like this. We all stared at the door in silence, not moving an inch.

The knock came again.

I walked up to the door angrily, assuming it was Ralph. He's the only one stupid enough to knock on the door during a meeting. I tugged it open and looked in front of me, seeing no one. A small tug on my cloak had me look down. Vera looked up at me with teary eyes, her body draped with her sheer nightgown and a thin throw blanket over her shoulders. A few tears slipped when she saw my angry face.

My gaze immediately softened, "What happened?"

Vera's lip trembled and she took a few steps back, "I'll go, you seem upset."

I gently took her hand as it fell to her side, "It's okay. I'm in a meeting."

She pulled her hand away at the information, "Oh my, I'm so sorry. I'll go take a bath or something-"

I sighed and pulled her into the room by her waist and shut the door. She clung to me, concealing herself from the others in the room using my cloak.

"No, I'll go-"

"You're not leaving my side until I know exactly what happened. Come on." I turned, taking her wrist gently and bringing her with me to the table. The others watched with blank faces, confused. "If you haven't met her yet, this is Vera. She'll be sitting in for a bit."

They saw her teary face and started standing up, "We'll leave." Niki spoke first, the others repeating the phrase.

"No, no. It's fine. She just doesn't want to be alone." I sat down. Vera stood awkwardly next to me. The others sat back down. I pulled Vera into my lap and let her lay her head on my shoulder.

We resumed the meeting while I gently traced shapes on Vera's back to soothe her. She cried for around ten minutes before they ceased and she stayed curled into me.

Niki stood, the others following.

"So we have a plan, I'll see you all again in a month," Phil stated before leaving. They all filed out the door and shut it behind them.

I gently patted Vera's thigh, thinking she was asleep. She pulled back, tears stained on her cheeks and a few still falling. I stood with her in my arms, still holding me tightly. I left the conference room and walked down the hall and up the stairs to our room.

I sat on the bed and positioned Vera over me. She looked at me with her teary eyes.

"Do you want to talk?" I asked her softly, "You don't have to."

"I had a nightmare, that's all."

"Nightmares give you a little scare, they don't make you cry like that for two hours."

She wrapped her arms around my torso and looked up at me. "You left me." That was all she muttered before burying her head in my chest and crying.

I sat up and held her tightly, "You know I wouldn't leave you. That's just your mind playing tricks on you."