12 ~ Burn

My wife sat sick in the bed with the twins. I took care of their every needs. She told stories told the twins while I got their soup.

The twins had a cold and my wife was bedridden for the rest of her current pregnancy. We got in confirmed early on that we were having one child, not twins.

I didn't plan on having as many kids as we do now, of course, but I wouldn't trade them for anything. Of course, I'm speaking from the present, not where we currently are.

My wife gave birth to another boy, being her turn to name the child, we welcomed William to the family.

William looked just like me, in almost every way, his eyes were certainly his mother's.

Lily and Eloise were next, my wife naming Lily and I the latter. They were absolutely identical, we used the color of their headbands to tell them apart, Lily in pink and Eloise in yellow.

Adrien looked just like me, with his mother's hair.

Isla looked like me with her mother's nose and mouth.

Finally, we had Adelaide and Philip. Twins again. Adelaide was just like me and Philip too.

I guess before we return to the present, I should inform the ages of the children.

Nikolai and Ines are now 16, William is 14, Lily and Eloise are 12, Adrien is 10, Isla is 8, and Adelaide and Philip are 4.

I should also mention our losses. We were expecting every other year. We lost twins to the harsh weather up here. One lost to illness. And twins again lost to a terrible incident during birth, that was this year. We have decided on no more children, especially since we already have two 16-year-olds.

My wife has been through a lot. I figured I should tell you this for our current life.

~~~~

Vera's POV

Present time

~~~~

The day I lost my fifth set of twins, I was bummed. And I have been since. My children need their mother, I know. But I am not capable of doing what they need. That's why I was taken, I believe. Since Techno has to worry about me and our children, taking me is what they did. They wanted to ruin him so that they could overthrow our kingdom.

I've been sitting in this cell for days. I've been treated as dirt since the day they took me. They chopped my hair to my neck, and they barely fed me, trying to bring my weight back down to how it was before my children.

When the day came that I felt the weakest, I knew they would be going for the kingdom.

The second I was alone, I wanted to escape but I couldn't. I tried to stand yet failed. I tried to pull myself to the door and managed to get to it. I reached for the keys, I couldn't reach.

I felt something inside me. Anger? Destruction? No. Mother's' instinct.

I fought to stand and almost dislocated my arm reaching to the side of the cage for the key. I unlocked the door and ran out, looking for the exit.

My mind blurred as I found my way out and through the heavily wooded area. I found L'Manburg. I know where I am. I snuck through the civilization, finding the portal. I went through it and traversed the Nether with no weapon or any way to defend myself. I ran through, finding my way to the portal near our kingdom. It felt like a mere second until I was running through the portal.

I caught a glimpse of the castle and looked to the side, the horses, the soldiers, they're coming. I can see them. I ran inside and screamed bloody fucking murder.

"We're under attack!" I ran up to Clark and Ralph, they were talking to Amber, "Get to a safe place! Take the children!"

Amber grabbed my shoulders, "How did you- Where-"

I pulled away from her, "Do as I say! I am your Queen!"

"Darling?"

I looked at my husband, "My love, we are under attack from the people that took me. They're close."

He lifted me in his arms, seeing how worn I was. Amber rushed to get the children and hide in the basement. Ralph rung the town bell before returning and preparing to fight. Techno helped gather the children before taking me and them to the basement with Amber. He left, preparing to fight. His only goodbye being a kiss.

My children all sat around me, hugging my legs tight.

I winced at the sound of gunfire. We all huddled in the corner. Amber and a few knights stood at the door, ready to protect us if it came to it. We had to keep my children alive.

I heard swords clashing and a yell. Techno.

I rushed to my feet and ran through my kids, moving Amber to hold them as I ran from the basement, grabbing a sword off the wall. There was a man attacking my husband. I drove the sword through the man's back, watching his body fall to the ground. I looked up at Techno and smiled, "I love you."

"I'll let the world burn for you, My Queen."

My husband proceeded to do as he said. He saved our kingdom, our children, and me. He killed the people who took me, he slaughtered the people of L'Manburg. He united the remaining states and we remained the King and Queen.

Our children grew to be such successful people.

I will never forget what he said to me that day even as I lay here after telling my children the story of mine and the father's love. Even as I drift into death, holding my husband's hand.

I know we paved the perfect world for our children, and their children, and their children. I know we have succeeded. Together.

Me and My King.

He will burn the world for our family to continue growing for centuries. He's grown Nikolai the same way. And Nikolai is growing his eldest child, his daughter, the same.

Our family will let the world burn for the ones we love.

We may be the heroes in our story...

But we're the villains in many others.

"Rest, My Queen."