જ➴ chapter seven.

Chapter 07 :
"Twist the knife"

now playing
"Mliy" by Eldon

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

: : from Sun-hee's perspective :

The continuous banging on my door as the sun settled made me grumble while being perfectly covered under the duvet. I rubbed my eyes and went straight to door when I heard the voice making my eyes to go pure wide, "No Si-hyeon, I'm not opening."

I said out loud from inside which caused her to finally stop the goddamn banging, "If it is related to the text you sent me in this morning, then no I'm not gonna be your company for today." I yelled again in annoyance and decided to go back in when I went to the door again, closely this time and shouted while saying, "And I'm not sorry."

Unfortunately my steps were stopped in the mid track when she answered, "At least listen to me first Sun-hee," and took a pause for saying the ultimate word she knows that I can't refuse to, especially not to her, "Sun-hee please?"

I let out a heavy sigh and went to open the door when that emotional friend of mine from seconds ago barged in right away, giving me a playful smirk now testing my patience. "I know you very well."

She teased and then engulfed me into a tight hug while I protested with all my strength, "I'm still not going though." This witch is well familiar of how I couldn't resist the comfort of her embrace, so grumbling and groaning I eventually gave in.

She pulled out and expressed a big toothy smile taking my hands in her and pulling me to sit on the couch, "How much it can hurt you to socialize with our friends for barely 2 hours?" I looked at her and again breathed out another series of heavy, tired sighs.

"Correction! I have no problem in socializing besides they are your friends Si-hyeon, and it is needless to say why am I avoiding it." I leaned back on the couch and threw my head back, now sensing my drained out energy, she looked at me in a teasing way still not getting the point or maybe doing this all on purpose, "No you have to say it out loud, I'm a dense human."

I rolled my eyes in pure frustration. "Because they are your brother's friends too, and you know how much I resent Sunghoon." Maybe what I said came out a bit harsher than I expected it to be, but I'm not gonna hide the fact how much he damaged me. Even if it meant in front of her.

I could sense the awkward disappointment on her face which she is trying to cover up with her bittersweet chuckle but I don't want to pretend anymore. I'm terribly tired now. "They are your friends as well, they will love to catch up with you too." She said while smiling in an awkward way and I hate how hard she's trying to cool things out just to not see me and Sunghoon in a pathetic condition.

"Yeah for sure they'll love to get to know how I'm doing after Sunghoon literally left me like I mean nothing to him." I scoffed and was trying my best to not let these stupid tears fall again. Si-hyeon scooted beside me and gave me a warm side hug.

"I get what you're saying, but believe me Y/N things exactly aren't what you think it is. Your memories must only remember the moments that broke you down, but there were some things left unsaid which you didn't notice."

She said smiling at me, maybe comforting me? No. It ignited the buried down wounds in me even more, I stood up and in a raging tone I said, "Oh really? So which part of our conversation I missed that day, wasn't him calling our relationship immature and stupid enough? Or blaming me for holding back his potential was the part that meant something else? Am I really to blame?"