9 - Child no more

"In the year 112, on the last of spring, King Viserys I married his second wife, Alicent Hightower. It was a grand celebration with seven days of balls, feasts, and tourneys. Where the King and His Grace appeared happy, many more wore sour faces during the wedding. 

The King's daughter and niece, Princess Rhaenyra and Princess Daena were said to have been in extremely foul moods throughout the entire ordeal and barely conversed with the new Queen. Daena reportedly uttered no words that whole day instead glaring at Queen Alicent."  

(Fire & Blood, Being a History of the Targaryen Kings of Westeros, by Archmaester Gyldayn)

~

112 AC, King's Landing

Spring would soon end and Daena couldn't wait for it to finish. The last seven days of the spring season were reserved for the royal wedding - her uncle Viserys decided to marry Alicent Hightower.

Ever since the announcement, Rhaenyra's relationship with Alicent has deteriorated. Instead, she started spending more time with Daena; their bond healed and they only got closer. 

Daena also had new companions - her ladies-in-waiting, Joy and Hanna Strong. Over the course of a month, the Princess bonded with the twins and became fond of both sisters. 

She was currently in her room, standing on a small pedestal with her arms stretched out. The tailors and maids were taking measures for the dress she was to wear to the wedding. She was barely able to move or breathe, her entire body covered in materials, measuring tapes, and pins. 

"Ouch!" She exclaimed in pain as a pin pierced her side. Joy smiled apologetically. Daena sighed - she hated everything about this and all it represented. She hated that her uncle chose Alicent, she hated Ser Otto for being a scheming snake, and she hated Alicent for not being honest and going behind Nyra's back. "Are we done?" She asked, annoyance lacing her voice.

"Very soon, Princess. Just need to take a few more measurements and we'll be done." The chief tailor said. She wrapped a measuring tape around Daena's hips, then around her waist, and finally around her bust. 

"You have beautiful hips, Princess. I can tell you'll have no problem birthing children." The lady commented. Daena smiled awkwardly and thanked the woman. Ever since her body started maturing all she's been hearing was how easy birth would be for her because of her wide hips. She hoped all that would be correct.

They soon finished the session and now she was alone in her room, save for Joy and Hanna. She was in her chemise - it was simple, made of fine cotton and she could see her figure when she looked in the mirror. 

Her body was changing, she realized after some time - her hips were widening, her thighs grew bigger and her bosom also grew a bit. She was scared, scared of change and what it meant for her and her life. 

She must have been in deep thought because she didn't hear Joy calling for her. "Princess.." Joy called again. Daena blinked and shook her head. She turned around to see that her supper was brought in for her. 

"Oh...thank you ladies. Will you stay with me and keep me company?"

"But of course, Princess." the sisters responded and sat down.

The three girls talked and after a while the twins left, leaving Daena alone. She unbraided her hair absentmindedly. She crawled into her bed, covered herself, and quickly fell asleep.