Alpha?

Valerie   

We disembark from the plane, I'm burning with curiosity at the same time if I continue to walk any further, I will faint due to exhaustion. I continue to follow Alexander we stop in front of a black car that is parked in the parking lot. He opens the door for me I give him a faint smile he closes the door. And begins to walk towards the driver seat as he walks, I see him typing something on his phone once his done he gets in, and we leave for our final location where I will meet the "mysterious person."

"Hey Valerie, I know that you are exhausted but will arrive shortly." He says in a calm tone

I smile at him and lean back against the seat, looking out of the window I see a familiar bakery that mom and dad used to take me to when I was a child. Is this the same place where mom and dad used to bring me for holidays? As I'm trying to recall the car halts in front of a huge mansion.

"We have arrived." He said smiling brightly.

Alexander gets down from the car. I see a woman with brown hair put on blue jeans and blush peplum floral top comes running in his direction and hugs him firmly. "They look madly in love." I aww at the sight that's before me and then get out of the car, I grasp my mini bag pack and began to walk.

I see a tall man standing in front of me he has a warm smile spread over his face, his curly strand of brown hair falls amid his forehead his eyes fixed on me. He is dressed in navy-blue shirt the top button of his shirt is undone his trousers are beige in colour When I look at him all my tiredness vanishes. Why do I feel like I have been here before as I'm absorbed in my thoughts. I hear Alexander's voice his standing next to the tall man.

"Valerie, the person about whom you been asking your rescuer is none other than." He was about to tell me. I recalled.

"Nick, is that really you?" I looked at him with my eyes wide open, and eyebrows raised in surprise.

He said yes, in a calm voice. Is this a dream? I ask myself I have never seen or met him in years. He and my mom always appreciated my fighting abilities. Although we visited few times, but Nick and I were very close I have never met anyone like him. I felt a magnetic pull towards him before I knew it, I had already closed the gap between us. I look at his face my entire focus shifts to his magnificent eyes I began to say, "I remember your pale blue eyes which always reminds me of the ocean." He looks at me warmly and said, "How have you been my little warrior?" I didn't say anything but hugged him. Mom called me her little fighter and he called me his little warrior I haven't heard those words from his mouth in ages. I have missed him so much especially

at the time I lost my parents I know only he could have understood me. For some reason I felt safe in his arms. All these years without my parents I have felt like I was living in hell, but now I feel as if I'm in heaven. Just then I remembered how he kept me in the dark. Anger took over me and I pushed him back and began staring at him with my eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Why didn't you allow Alexander to tell me that it was you all along?" I asked in a strident voice.

"I had my reasons." He said looking away from me.

There is a deafening silence his face expression turns serious I'm all ears to what his about to say he turns towards me. My eyes glued at him waiting for answers.

"I apologise and take the full accountability for my actions and promise to answer all your questions when I get back." He said looking in my eyes in a serene voice.

Again, I'm left dumbfounded there is one part of me that wants to tear him up for keeping me waiting all this while. But when I look into his eyes, I see his concern for me in them. I can understand everything his trying to reveal without even saying a word. I just want to hold him firmly and never let him go again. Just then I see him turn his back to leave I can't be cruel to him after all that he has done for me. I wrap my arms around his chest and hold him tightly he looked at me and was taken aback. "Why wouldn't he be?" Few minutes ago, I was talking to him in a harsh tone and now here I'm embracing him I looked in his ocean like eyes and uttered a sincerer "Thank you".

He smiled at me and said that I'm safe here and nobody can lay their hands on me if I need anything I shouldn't hesitate to ask. Is he aware of what uncle did to me? Is this the reason why he bought me here? I guess curiosity is my new friend. We detach from each other's embrace.

He introduces me to his cook Ophelia who is also the caretaker of the huge mansion she is a beautiful woman with a round face long dark brown hair and brown eyes. He tells me that she will take care of me in his absence. We both share a warm smile.

"Valerie, come let me take you to your room." She said looking at me in a gentle voice.

She took me inside the mansion it has split wooden staircases huge crystal chandelier in the centre and exquisite white marble table on the side with a vase which had orchids in them. Nick's mom loved these flowers I was awestruck. Ophelia said that Alpha has put his heart and soul in this house. "Alpha?" When did Nick become the Alpha. I forgot to ask him about his parents they were the sweetest people I knew whenever I visited with my parents, they spoiled me with gifts and chocolates they loved me like their own child. It was hard to say goodbye everyone used to be in tears when it was time to depart. But why didn't I see them when I arrived?

"Where are Nick's parents." I said with a bright eyes and wide smile on my face.

At the mention of Nick's parents, she stops walking and looks at me in disbelief. She stood unblinkingly. Then she said lowering her eyebrows in a melancholic voice.

"They had gone on a mission, but it was unsuccessful and both of them lost their lives."

When I heard it, I couldn't feel anything as if my body had gone numb I try to compose myself, so I don't freak her out. And fight back the tears that have already welled - up in my eyes my body trembles a little.