Healing

Dorin 

I walked into my sophisticated office my beta follows me. I sit on my high back black leather chair my beta closes the door behind him and stands in front of my table.

"What is the latest news beta." I said tapping my fingers on the table I was becoming impatient.

"Our attack on the radiant flow pack was successful." He said proudly.

The answer that I have been dying to hear my face broke into a wide grin. He begins telling me that there is a party at the moon bond pack house in honour of their Alpha's birthday.

"A party? and we are not invited how rude of them looks like we will have to crash the party." I laugh manically swivelling in my chair.

"But Alpha we had recently attacked on their pack what if this is a trap, do you think it's the right move?". He questioned me.

"You have the audacity to question my decision, did you forget who I am?" I stood up from my seat and clenched my fists and glared at him.

"s-o-o-r-y Alpha." He stutters and begins to sweat.

I begin to laugh looking at his state I laughed so hard that I had tears in my eyes "You look foolish beta." I laughed mockingly at him.

"I'm tired of hiding in the shadow, I think it's time for me to reveal my true identity." I say pacing around the room.

I sit back on my chair my tone becomes serious any news about the girl. I have my eyes fixed on him eager for an answer.

"N-o Alpha, I tried calling them, but they didn't answer." He told me.

In that case I'll have to go and pay them a special visit you carry on with the attack without me. "They have got on my nerves it's time to teach them a lesson for ruining my plan." I say to myself.

Nick 

I immediately mind link with Ophelia after looking at the bruises on Valerie's hand and told her to call the doctor right now she did as I said. Valerie asks me "Nick, what are you doing here?" she said gazing at me there was a confused expression on her face. I remained quite I wanted to ask her who did this to her but before that I wanted to make sure there were no serious injuries. I replied in a calm voice saying, "I had come to check on you." I clenched my fists I could feel the anger boiling up inside me looking at the bluish-purple marks on her skin. I could see her mouth opening slowing she was about to tell me something. At that moment Ophelia entered the room and turned on the lights she looked frightened.

She came and stood beside me she minds links me asking what had happened she gasped in shock when she noticed Valerie's hand. "How did this happen?" she questioned me. "I don't know, even I am waiting for an answer." I said to her. The reason why I didn't ask Valerie is, I feel like she didn't want us to see her bruises. she didn't like to share her pain with others and has a high pain tolerance she hasn't changed at all. We stood beside her bed looking at her. I think to myself if I had rescued her beforehand, she would have not been in this state I blame myself for it. Valerie interrupts us saying Did something happen?" she says in a concerned voice. We stood Blankly not knowing what to say Valerie's eyes shift and I follow her gaze.

Valerie 

The man gets closer to me he looks like his in late 20's he has black hair and green eyes his put on a sky-blue striped shirt with black pants. He gives me a gentle smile and Nick begins to speak.

"Valerie this is our pack doctor Sebastian." He's here to check you.

"What's wrong with me? I'm perfectly fine." I say looking at him with my eyebrows raised in surprise.

He doesn't say anything and remains silent I continue to stare at him. Sebastian greets me.

"Valerie it's nice to meet you." he says giving me a warm smile.

"Pleased to meet you too." I smile back at him.

He bends and slowly lifts my nightshirt sleeve up. I hear a growl I see Nick who has his eyes fixed at me. Sebastian continues to examine me.

A realisation hit me Nick had seen my bruises looks like I'm in trouble I thought to myself Nick and Ophelia stood looking worried at me. I have got used to this marks that I don't even feel the pain anymore.

"When did this happen?" Sebastian asks me.

"It happened a day before I ran away from my house."

"May I ask who did it?" He questioned me.

I begin talking, my aunt was enraged regarding something, and I unfortunately happened to be there. she began throwing things at me I dodged her attacks but still got hurt in the process. I sigh thinking how she used to harass me I hear another growl. Sebastian looks sad and asked me.

"Don't you feel any pain?" He asked looking at me with a worried expression on his face.

"I've got used to it." I said as if it was nothing, I could see how swollen my hands were.

He examines me for some more time and then says, "I don't see any serious injuries, I'll prescribe you some medicines and you will be fine." I thank him and he leaves Ophelia escorts him. Now it only Nick and me in the room. He comes and sits next to me on the bed I could see tears welled up in his eyes he had a defeated look on his face. Seeing him like this broke my heart.

"It's all my fault." He said looking at ground.

"Nick, look at me it's not your fault." I say holding his soft hands.

"If I had arrived earlier this would have not happened." He said looking me in the eyes.

"We can't undo something that has already happened we need to focus on the present, I'm here safe with you and that's all that matters." I say looking in his blue eyes and hug him firmly.

After embracing each other for some time and telling him to stop blaming himself he finally agreed. I wiped the tears from his delicate face. Ophelia came in the room she had brought my medicine.

"How did you manage to bring me my medicine it's already 1:30 am?" I asked her with curiosity.

"One of our members owns a pharmacy so when I informed him, he immediately arrived with the medicines." She said looking at me.

She handed me my medicines I thanked her. After taking the medicine Nick and I talked for some time.

"Valerie promises me that you will never hide your pain from me." He said looking at me as if his life depended on it.

"I promise you Nick that I will never hide my pain from you." I reassure him and give him a warm smile.

I know Nick is tired I told him to go and rest. Ophelia had already left the room he caresses my cheek and says sleep well Valerie I give gentle smile. He turns off the lights and closes my door. So much has happened within a day I say to myself looking at the ceiling I start to get drowsy and doze off.