☆ °~ Chapter 9 ~° ☆

Y/N'S Pov:

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting an orange and red hue over the town, we found ourselves wandering aimlessly through the cobblestone streets.

Ginny, with her long brown hair flowing in the breeze, led the way, her curly hair swaying gently from side to side.

Beside her, Olivia trailed quietly, their dark hair tied back in a ponytail, their eyes scanning the shops that we passed.

John, fell into step beside me, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his faded jeans. It had been a year since we'd lost track of each other.

A journey that had begun with a simple purchase of a VR set, an object that had brought us together in the first place.

A portal that had told of a secret world, hidden.

A world of magic and.. well, I guess a bit of insanity?

And so, we had set out, determined to uncover the truth and find our way back home, with our friends alongside us.

But after we found ginny, days turned into weeks, and the weeks into months, with no clue of Ragatha, Pomni, or even Kinger.

The town we found ourselves in now was unlike any we had seen before.

It was as if time had stood still here, the buildings and shops looked old and not too modern.

It actually had a charm to it.

"Do you think this is the kind of place where we might find one of them?" Ginny asked, with her voice tuned down a bit while glancing around at our surroundings.

Olivia shrugged. "I don't know. It's certainly unlike anywhere I've ever been before. But we have to keep looking."

We continued down the winding street, the sound of our footsteps echoing off the cobblestone roads.

*thump*

someone crashed into Olivia.

"Please, watch where you are going." Olivia said while being the first to get up, offering the girl that crashed into their a hand.

'Guess they are getting tired, of people bumping into them'

The girl just nodded, got up, apologised, and left.

"Strange kid."

"Everyone is strange in your opinion John, it's nothing new," Olivia said, before dusting of their coat and continued walking.

The air was thick with the scent of  burning wood, and backed goods roamed the air, and the further we ventured into the town, the more likelier it became.

Finally, we came to a square, dominated by a massive fountain in the centre.

Its waters, crystal clear. Flower petals floated on the surface, their petals appearing in different colours, but mostly red or white.

----------------------

We all were resting at the fountain until we noticed the same girl from earlier.

She was in the company of a slightly elder man, which seemed to laugh at the jokes the girl told him.

I smiled at the thought of the time when I spent time with my family like that before my disappearance.

???'s Pov:

I was on my way to my Uncle's house and was running a bit late, so I was rushing through the streets.

At one point, I didn't look where I was going and tripped over a stone before crashing into another person.

How embarrassing...

"Please, watch where you are going," the other person said, offering me a hand.

I took it and apologised to them before heading off.

---------------

Me and my Uncle were heading to the plaza of the town.

He wanted to teach me how to play chess, and since it's nice weather, we decided to use the chess tables, located at the plaza.

I couldn't help the feeling that someone was watching me, but I quickly shrugged it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't have many ideas, so this should do for now.

I hope you enjoyed it and stay safe <3