chapter 6

We pulled up to Dairy Queen and I jumped out of the truck and skipped over to the driver side waiting for Jack to get out. He got out and we walked inside.

"Hi, how may I help you?" The lady behind the counter asked us with a smile.

"What do you want?" Jack asked, looking down at me.

"Um...a bacon cheeseburger, a small cheese curds, and a small pineapple mango smoothie. Please." I told him with a smile.

He walked up to the counter. "Could I please get a bacon cheeseburger, a small cheese curd, a small pineapple mango smoothie, and then a bacon cheeseburger meal, and a medium cookie dough blizzard."

"Ok that'll be $18.65 please." She told him with a smile.

He handed her the money and she gave him a number thingy and then we went to sit down at a table. "So what do you wanna talk about?" Jack asked me once we sat down.

"Um..we could play 20 questions to get to know more about each other." I suggested.

"Yea that's a good idea," he agreed, " What's your favorite color?" He asked.

"I dont really have a favorite color but clothing wise I like black and white cause they go with everything, how about you?" I asked.

"Either red or blue." He said as a worker brought us our food.

After about an hour of eating and asking each other quesgions about our lives and just things about each other I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket.

"Sorry I gotta answer it, it's Brady." I apologized.

B: Maci where are you guys it's 9:30 and we have school tomorrow

M: we're still at Dairy Queen sorry I didn't realize what time it was we'll leave now though I'll see you in like 15 minutes

B: yea you better be

m: ok Brady I said we would be...bye

I couldn't believe he was such an ass about it yea sure we had school tomorrow but who cares I was having fun and that was all that mattered right?

"Hey Jack we gotta go, Brady's really mad, I'm sorry." I apologized.

"It's fine, I understand." He said getting up.

We walked back to the truck and hopped in. We just sat in silence listening to the radio the whole way back to my house. We pulled into the driveway and I was about to get out but Jack stopped me.

"Can I atleast get your number." He asked with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"Yea." I smiled handing him my phone, he gave me his phone and I typed in my number.

"So do you want a ride to school tomorow morning or are you gonna ride with Brady?" He asked.

"Yea if you wanna drive all the way here that's fine just be here by 7 or else I'm just gonna go with Brady." I told him.

"Don't worry I'll be here." He told me with a smile.

I smiled at him and got out of the truck. I walked up to the door and looked back towards the driveway to see him still there, i waved as he slowly pulled out. I turned around and walked into the house to see Brady sitting on the couch watching tv.

"Night Brady." I yelled running up the stairs.

"Night Chipmunk." He yelled after me.

I walked into my room and slipped out of my outfit and pulled on a pair of spandex and a sports bra. I walked across the hall to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I walked back to my room and crawled under the covers plugging in my phone and turning on my alarm clock. I rolled over and slowly drifted to sleep thinking about Jack.