Chapter 21: Drawing Closer

Weeks drift by in the land of the Old Faith. Kallamar, Heket, and Shamura were slained by the hands of the Lamb. The decision of sparing Lamb's kind was the smartest move he made so far because now the human bishop is spared from the red crown's wrath.

The red fleeced lamb wondered inside Stormhowler Valley once more, picking some seeds for planting crops for their cult.

The sheep felt luckily to find a lot of seeds, especially pumpkins, beet roots, and radishes scattered around the large crop field.

The night is drawing closer as the sun sets on the horizon. Lamb thinks of (Y/N) for a moment when he showed mercy towards his kind.

(Y/N)'s POV
The rain is pouring down on me and the followers of Shamura in Silk Cradle. The death of the Bishop of War has led to these followers serving me instead, knowing that they had nowhere to go. Their heads were down while their eyes were closed as he paid respect for their beloved bishop/god.

"I'm sorry, great one... We... We failed you. " A random spider follower weeped in tears of mourn for Shamura.

"C'mon young ones. Let's go. " I then instructed them to follow me back to Stormhowler Valley. The funeral is over now after a whole 2 hours of all of us gathered around Shamura's tombstone.

I felt bad, seeing them like this. Silk Cradles followers were crying while the others were angry about this since I knew how devoted they were to Shamura's cause.

●○ Several hours later ○●
No One's POV
The Silk Cradle followers finally arrived at their new home known as Stormhowler Valley.

Shamura's followers were feeling a little uneasy about the change of scenery and (Y/N) being their new bishop/god. The weather today was so windy as the gust of winds blew throughout them as it howls in their ears.

(Y/N)'s POV
Death of the bishops wasn't a pleasant thing to see. I felt sorry for these followers, knowing that they all mourn into their respective bishops.

'I think I'm going used to the deaths I've seen here in this land... I should be unfazed by the sight of blood and violence... Who am I kidding? This is still messed up.' I ponder to myself while I sat on my throne. Thoughts flooded my mind of all those years of me being the newest bishop in this forsaken land of the Old Faith.

"If the bishops were slain. I guess Lamb can free Narinder now... I have to go there then." Muttering under my breath. I stood up from my throne with a clenched fist upon remembering something inside my mind.

○● A few hours later ○●
I've been walking for hours now until I reached Narinder's prison, which is a large pentagram circle surrounded by candles.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" I suddenly heard Lamb and his bell as he walked up to me.

I think for a moment before I answered with a stoic expression while looking down on the Lamb.
"I'm actually here to open the Gateway to The One Who Waits' prison for you," I answer in an uncertain manner before my eyes land on the ritual circle in front of me.

"Okay... What's seems to be the catch here, Bishop (Y/N)?" Lamb seems skeptical about me. This made me a little nervous for quite a bit.

"Oh, uh... No catch here. Lamb... I'll open it for you right now. "I then walked up to the pentagram circle. I chanted a spell for about 10 seconds before the Gateway was opened for the Lamb.

He simply goes up to the middle of the circle before descenting upwards before Lamb's figure disappeared as he entered Narinder's prison.
"Good luck... Little Lamb, " I muttered under my breath before I teleported back to Stormhowler Valley.