Chapter 18- CHANCE

-1 WEEK LATER-
~CHANCE P.O.V~
I tossed and turned in bed, unable to fall into any sort of sleep. I dozed for minutes at a time, then woke with a start from awful nightmares. It struck me in the face: my father was a murderer. It shouldn't have been surprising really, he had come so close to killing me many times. Still, he'd taken someone's life, for what? Money? My mind drifted back to what i'd told Tory. No, i wasn't willing to lose my inheritance because of something that bastard did, but nor was i willing to kill anyone for it. It was just money, it didn't control my actions. I was dragged from my musings by a very faint sound, coming from downstairs. The wine cellar. Rubbing my eyes, i sat up and grabbed the gun from under my bed, being careful not to wake the sleeping Hannah as i slipped from the room. Cool air brushed my bare legs as i made my way downstairs, clutching the gun to my chest. I inched down the stairs, pushing ope the door and pointing the gun blindly. Then my gaze settled on Tory, and i felt rage fire through my veins.
"You're so stupid, why come back?" I asked, pointing the gun at her face. Her friends -Cole's friends- gathered behind her, Ben caught my eye and scowled, turning away.
"Chance-" the redhead started, i shook my head.
"Over there. Now." They obeyed, walking over and standing by the wall. "Phones on the floor." Again, they did as instructed. I pushed the phones away with my foot. Then i sighed. "God, i'm not going to shoot you. I would never kill anyone," my gun lowered and i leaned against the wall. "That would make me as bad as him. But why can't you just leave it alone? It happened so damn long ago,"
"Your father's a murderer, Chance. He needs to go to jail." Tory said, green eyes hard. Ben stepped forwards slightly, looking directly at me. For once, he didn't look like he wanted to kill me, he looked... Sad?
"Don't you want to see him behind bars for what he's done?" He kept my gaze, his expression fierce. "For everything he's done?" I saw it, then. I knew that he remembered, my hand unconsciously drifted up to my neck. The other's looked between us in confusion, before i nodded slowly.
"... Fine. Take the stuff and leave already, if my father catches you you'll all join Heaton-"
"Chance?" I jumped at the sound of my girlfriend's voice at the top of the stairs, and looked up to see her descending towards me.
"Hannah, go back to bed." I said, hiding the gun behind my back. She stopped next to me and blinked at the four intruders.
"What are they doing here? What's going on?" I opened my mouth to tell her that it was nothing and she shouldn't worry about it, when Tory cut me off.
"Help us, Hannah! He has a gun!" She cried, my gaze whipped round to her and i scowled.
"You little-"
"What does she mean 'gun'? Sweetie do you have a gun?!" I shook my head instantly, though she obviously didn't believe me. She held out a hand expectantly. "Hand it over, Chance. Now." I groaned like a five year old, begrudgingly handing the gun over to my girlfriend. She looked at it for a moment, seemingly mesmerised, before clicking the safety off and pointing it at Tory. I blinked.
"Hannah, what are you doing? Put that away! You could hurt someone!" She smirked, but it wasn't the usual sweet smile. It was a cruel grimace.
"But honey, that's what these things are for! Hurting people. Now go fetch two shovels, dear, we have some bodies to bury." I stared at her, mouth slightly agape. She frowned in my direction. "Chance, i won't ask you again."
"You're crazy! You can't kill people, you psycho!!" I backed away from her, grabbing one of the phone's from the pile on the floor and dialling 999.
I never saw her pull the trigger.