Chapter 16- KARSTEN

~KARSTEN P.O.V~
I pulled up in the deserted carpark of the plaza and got out, clutching the box in my shaking hands like a lifeline. A group of teens stumbles passed, drunk beyond comprehension, they didn't spare me a glance. Everything fell silent for three long, agonising minutes, then a sleek silver sports car pulled up beside me. Hollis Claybourne stepped from the car, sunglasses fixed in place, a cigarette dangling from his mouth. He stared at me, then drew £3000 from his pocket. Slapped it into my hand.
"I trust you brought it?" He drawled, i nodded and opened the box.
"As you requested,"
"And it's stable?"
"Yes. The girl survived the change and is reacting well to the alterations." Claybourne nodded, snatched the box from my hands. "Um, may i ask what you want this for? It isn't to be taken lightly-"
"That is my business and my business alone." He got up in my face, i could smell the smoke on his breath and almost gagged. "You hear me? You're just the little lab rat, scurry away now." He turned and climbed back behind the wheel of his car, speeding off with such power that it left a mark on the tarmac. I swallowed thickly, adjusting my collar and shaking my head before sliding back into my own car.
I'd better get paid extra for this.