Chapter 86: Leo undergoes an exciting trial (2/2)

The young girl stood up gracefully, drawing the attention of the shrine maidens who had just finished their duties and were relaxing. As her small feet delicately maneuvered the hem of her robe, the air was filled with a refreshing mandala scent.

"From the east of the land of the spirits' origin, Eland, and the Weitz Empire, I have arrived from the Marquis of Harkenberg's house. My name is Leonora. I humbly offer my heartfelt congratulations to the high and beautiful manifestation of the supreme light."

With elegant poise, she smoothly executed a perfect curtsy and introduced herself in fluent Elrand language, impressing everyone with her proficiency and eloquence. The surrounding crowd was momentarily stunned by her delicate voice, elegant appearance, and impeccable command of the Eland language.

Oblivious to the effect she had on the audience, the girl continued her tribute to the spirits with a sincere expression. Once she had conveyed her appreciation for the appearance of the spirits, she seamlessly transitioned to praising the land of Eland.

"The land I witnessed was filled with lively towns and honest citizens," she said.

The sudden change in the direction of her speech left Khaje and Surya clenching their fists involuntarily. They both shared a silent plea,"Please, don't let her speak ill of Eland. Don't let her words lead to conflict."

As Khaje tightened his lips, trying to hold back his prayers, the girl spoke unexpectedly.

"The town was bustling with energy, and its people were kind-hearted," she continued.

The words that flowed from her lips astonished Khaje and Surya. The girl, with her large violet eyes sparkling, continued to speak enthusiastically.

"The places I visited may not have been the wealthiest, but they exuded a brilliant sense of blessing everywhere."

"The homes were crowded yet carefully maintained to avoid encroaching on one another. The people wore old clothes but kept their skin clean; there were no children with diseased faces like those often seen in the slums of Weitz."

"Everyone worked diligently. Both women and children completed their tasks as independently as men. Meat such as beef and pork was prepared meticulously, with careful bloodletting and precise handling of internal organs. There was a sense of deep gratitude and respect for every living being."

"Waste was sorted meticulously, and methods were employed to control odors. Everyone maintained cleanliness, hard work, and devoutness."

Hearing her words, Khaje and Surya were moved deeply. This was a stark contrast to their upbringing in "foul, unrefined" slums where they were never considered worthy of human pride or culture.

Yet this girl praised every aspect of the town that Khaje and Surya had overlooked as ordinary. It was a first for them to hear someone speak so highly of their world.

"The fabric of this vibrant robe was woven by the women of that town. The mandarin's scented skin was dried by the elders of that town. Upon experiencing these things, I wished for Weitz's people to learn more about this land."

Tears welled up in Khaje's eyes. He was overwhelmed with emotion.

The choice they made earlier had been the right one. This girl was not someone to be harmed over a mere three silver coins.

With her radiant appearance, pure heart, and loving purple eyes, the girl seemed to bring salvation to anyone she looked at. To Khaje and Surya, it felt as though the girl embodied the spirit of light itself.

As the sacred hall fell into an unexpected, serene silence, Leonora continued to speak with great enthusiasm, brimming with excitement.

(What an incredible business opportunity! I'm so grateful!)