Chapter 41: Leo is Richard's new rising star. (1/3)

Because of the conversation that Leo had with Leena last night, he kept wondering if he did something to make her sad... but nothing came to mind, so he went to sleep really late—

(Well, now's not the time to be worrying about something else... I need to make a lot of money during the festival, then I'll rub all my money on Emily's face, and say: "You'll never beat me on my own game—!") (Tl/n: Sweet revenge∼)

—However, unlike the other orphans, Leo's preparations for the festival were a bit more delayed than usual, so he woke up early anyway, even though he was dead tired.

(—But to do that, I'll have to start early... after all, the morning market is a reconnaissance battle!) – Thought Leo, as he sneaked out of his room.

The products that Leo wanted to sell during the festival were better when combined with something else, so he had to make sure that his products had a reasonable price.

But before Leo could open the front door of the orphanage, a hand grabbed his shoulder.

"Where are you going so early in the morning, Leonora-sama?"

"K-Kai...!?"

Leo did his best to sneak out of his room as quietly as possible, so he didn't understand how Kai managed to hear him sneaking out of his room. But, now that Kai knew he was trying to sneak out of the orphanage, Leo had to create a distraction, so he looked at Kai with upturned eyes (unintentionally), and said–

"–You're, going out, while dressed, like that, Kai? You'll catch, a cold, you know?"

"That's my line, Leonora-sama! You can't go out there all alone!"

"I-I just, uh... wanted to, feel the, morning breeze... or something, like that?" – Said Leo, with an awkward smile.

"That's even worse! You don't even know how to disguise yourself properly!"

Kai was right. Leo was wearing a simple cap, an old shirt and loose pants, but none of those could hide "Leonora's" delicate features.

"S-sorry... it's just... I wanted, to see the, morning market...."

"Oh... so you wanted to see the morning mark–Ugh!?"

Before Kai could finish his sentence, a sudden wave of nausea attacked him, so he leaned forward and blocked his mouth with his right hand.

"A-are you, okay, Kai!?"

"I'm alright now... sorry for worrying you, Leonora-sama...*Cough*...Changing topics, you said you wanted to see the morning market?"

"Yes... but not just, the market–"

(I want to scout the market first, then I'll set a good price to what I want to sell!)

"–I want, to see, the food, the prices... everything... with my, own eyes."

"...Leonora... sama...."

Do your best, fair prices, prepare in advance (if possible), and don't neglect the opinion of your customers. Those were the four tenets that Leo always followed when he was doing business. He didn't have an entire month to prepare (like Leena), however, he wouldn't simply give up on making money just because of that.

But Kai didn't know about that.

(I see... so Leonora-sama is trying to see what she can do for the population...)

Leonora von Harkenberg was hailed as a saint after she exposed the wrongdoings of Harlet and saved the lives of many nobles. It was a new era of peace and happiness now that the evil lurking in the academy was finally gone...... well, not really.