Chapter 60: Leo gains the loyalty of a knight. (2/2)

[Be honored, Carnelian, because I will let you make a contract with me!]

When she heard that, Carnelian's face turned red. She was blushing furiously because of Bianca's cocky attitude. However, that wasn't all. Not only she kneeled in front of Bianca, but she also started panting really hard, with a perverted smile plastered on her face.

—Yes! That will be my honor, mistress!

"............Eh?"

Honestly, Bianca was quite shocked by Carnelian's weird display of loyalty. It was one thing for a human to kneel in front of her, after all, she was a princess, but she never thought a Goddess would do the same.

Not to mention that said Goddess was looking at her with a perverted smile, which was rather unsettling.

But before Bianca could point that out, Carnelian stood up and raised her right hand.

—Now, it is time for me to fulfill my side of the deal. Here is my blessing, mistress. With this, now we have a relationship of mutual benefit.

What came after that, left the three of them lost for words.

The lake started to shine.

It was a beautiful sight. None of them had ever seen something like that. However, that wasn't all. There were also countless water drops ascending towards the sky, enveloped in that same light. It was like they were watching the rain go back in time. (Tl/n: I don't know how to word this last sentence better. I'm accepting suggestions.)

"What the hell... is all this...." – Said Gustav, in an amazed tone, as he watched those bright dots cover the entire sky.

He could feel it.

Like a flower that was finally watered after a long time, the spirits around these parts were regaining their strength.

Without a doubt, the drought would be over soon.

However, while they were immersed in watching those shiny water drops ascend towards the sky–

—Bianca von Weizsäcker-sama....

–Carnelian called Bianca's name.

"Yes! I-I mean, what is it...!?"

The little princess panicked a bit when Carnelian called out to her, after all, the Great Spirit was back to her dignified demeanor–

—You do not have to thank me, mistress.

"Huh...? W-what do you mean by that...?"

–But, what Carnelian said after that, only confused Bianca.

—I am your main contracted spirit now, so you will always be able to count on me, mistress. That is why I said you do not have to thank me. I am just doing my job as your contracted spirit. You just have to call my name and I will be there to help you.

Carnelian then bowed one last time to her new master, before sinking back into the lake with a satisfied smile... which, honestly, left Bianca even more confused.

"Eh...? S-she's my contracted spirit? And she'll always be there to help me, but she doesn't need my thanks? Huh...?"

However, while Bianca was asking herself what just happened, she was hugged by a wet little girl. (Tl/n: Just realized what I wrote while editing, but I'm not changing this. XD)

"Thank you, Neh-sama! You're, the best! You made, a contract, with Carnelian! Now we can, help everyone!"

"\\\Eh...? T-the best!? Really!?\\\"