Chapter 58: Leo starts a negotiation. (3/3)

(Fufu, this is something that all water spirits have been waiting for! This is a magic crest that'll help you send water to the world of men–!) – Said Leo, in an excited tone; there was a huge smile plastered across his face.

However, he wasn't over yet. Above all else, Leo was a salesman... and he still had to appeal to everything his product could do.

(–And I can guarantee you that this is an outstanding product! You just have to leave it at the bottom of your lake and then it'll do all the heavy work for you, like sending water to other places! But that's not everything, Carnelian-sama! This magic crest is also a limited edition product! There's only one of it in the market! It even has your name written on it! And that's exactly why I–no, we, need your blessing! Without it, the crest won't work in it's full potential!)

Leo was trying to imply that Carnelian wouldn't lose anything if she accepted this deal, however, she couldn't just trust someone as greedy as Leo. A deal like this was too good to be true, so she approached the crest to see if she could find anything suspicious about it, just let out a surprised voice a moment later.

—I have no words to describe this magic crest... it is really well made. I can not believe that a human child managed to create something like this....

(Huh...?)

Leo was quite taken aback by Carnelian's sincere praise. He thought he'd have to try even harder if he wanted to impress her, but that didn't seem to be the case. That's just how good of a product the magic crest was... and it was all thanks to Albert.

—I do not know much about sorcery*, but this scarlet crest is much more than just beautiful... the full cycle is engraved on it. We give water to the humans and they receive it, which becomes gratitude. The gratitude become prayers. The prayers turn into light. That light reaches the heavens and turn into rain. And then, that water returns to the lake, making it even more beautiful. – Said Carnelian, as she traced the surface of the magic crest with her fingers.

(*Tl/n: Magic power based sorcery, but I shortened it to just sorcery... it's easier to write.)

However, she wasn't the only one impressed by the sheer complexity of the crest–

(Wow! Albert created that!?)

–Leo was also really impressed. Self sustainability was a complex concept, but if applied right, it could leverage the economy of any Kingdom, which showed just how far ahead Albert had planed things.

This wasn't a deal anymore... this was a win-win situation. And the one who made it possible was none other than Albert himself, so Leo couldn't help but think that he was really awesome.

—Albert? Who is that person? I thought you were the one who created this magic crest....

(Ah, no, I'm not that great of a mage to make a magic crest like this one. The First Prince of this country was the one who made everything. Oh, except the middle part though, that was me.)

Leo was many things, but not a liar. He wouldn't claim someone else's merit, even if it meant he'd make a lot more money.

—I see... no wonder you survived.

(Eh? W-what do you-?)

—This crest was made out of dragon blood, so it repels any outside interference. That is why you survived. Since you had this on you the whole time, none of my spirits managed to end you. But even though it is made out of dragon blood, I still want to keep it.