Chapter 102: Leo shining (2/3)

"Whoaahhhh!"

Albert's hair stood on end, regaining its golden hue, and his ice-blue eyes held an undeniable murderous intent. Seeing this, Lena screamed inwardly.

Moreover, the man who had been slammed to the ground, Alir Ad, slowly rose and began to laugh menacingly.

"Hahaha, you have arrived late, Prince of the Weiss Empire. By now, your beloved has either been ravaged by lowly men or choked on her blood!"

"What!?"

"Stop it!"

Albert seemed to understand the rapid Elandic language perfectly, and Lena saw the light around him intensify, almost causing her to hold her cheeks in shock.

"She's not dead! She's not dead at all! He was just trying to make money! It was just a pig slaughter! Please, don't lose control!"

The beautiful young miser you loved is now nonchalantly muttering, "This seems bad...!"

Lena wanted to plead with all her might, but no one could hear her internal screams.

As for Alir Ad, instead of making excuses, he seemed to be stirring the prince's wrath even more. Does he not fear for his life?

But he, under the influence of the incense, had lost his senses and gazed out the window in a daze. He then fixed his eyes on the dark, somber sky before dawn, and an expression of joy crossed his face.

"Just a little more... Just a little more... Once the ritual is complete and the girl dies, the great dark spirit will appear! The sky will fill with lightning, and under the power of the spirit, dark clouds will blanket the continent! Then all power will be mine...!"

Following Alirl Ad's gaze, Lena looked at the sky beyond the balcony and felt cold sweat trickling down her back. She tried to convince herself everything would be fine.

"Everything's going to be fine... The ritual has failed. Once the sun rises safely, everyone will regain their senses."

But then Leo muttered, "Oh, it flashed."

CRACK!

At that moment, dark clouds covered the sky with incredible speed, and thunder roared.

"Noooo!"

As Lena cried tears of blood, she realized that Bruno was in the midst of trying to appease the dark spirit—a sign that the spirit had temporarily manifested and was growing stronger.

"Brunoooo! Your timing couldn't be worse!"

She cursed the absent stoic boy, but of course, no one would know.

"Leo...!"

On the other side of the spirit veil, Albert had connected the ominous weather with the worst possible outcome. His eyes widened in shock.

He raised a hand to his face, and when he lowered it again, his entire body was enveloped in blue-white sparks, reminiscent of lightning.

Crackling, unsettling noises echoed. His swelling magic clashed with the spirits trying to contain it.

"This is bad, bad, bad...!"

Lena's knees trembled as she estimated the power that would be unleashed.

It wasn't just a matter of the room blowing up. If things went wrong, all of Eland could become scorched earth.

"Le... Lena... Isn't this bad? The prince's hair color changed, didn't it? And isn't he glowing?"

Beside her, Leo tugged on her sleeve, offering a shaky smile and a belated question.

Lena grabbed his arm and shook him vigorously.