Chapter 95 : Leo falls into a predicament (2/2)

Leo struggled to gather his thoughts and words, but eventually managed to form a mumbled rebuttal.

"Wait... Why now? How can we even switch bodies at this time of year in Eland when we can't use magic?"

"We can't manifest new magic, that's true," Lena explained. "But magic that's been in place will continue to work. That's why we're still switched, and the language restriction spell is ongoing."

She added a quick clarification: "This is just a theory, but I believe that the body-switching spell keeps a trace of magic running to prevent our souls from reuniting with our original bodies. Until now, my focus was on counteracting this with more magic to reverse the switch. But if we deplete this magic with spirit power, it should naturally free our souls and return them to their bodies."

"We don't need to perform the body-switching spell again. Instead, we need to undo the original spell," she continued. "This way, even without being able to cast new magic, it should work."

"I have an idea on how to secure the necessary spirit power," she said, glancing briefly at Bruno.

Leo rubbed his forehead, trying to comprehend Lena's plan.

"Okay, but how do we drain the magic? Even when I was wearing a magic-suppressing bracelet, it was pretty tough. This could be even more dangerous, couldn't it?"

He remembered Albert's struggle with magic suppression. Albert had looked quite unwell, and the marquis had mentioned how even his life might be in danger.

Would Lena really be able to handle this? If she returned to her body after being completely drained of magic, she'd be in grave danger.

"This is a risky world. Everything comes with risks," Lena retorted.

"But why take the risk on yourself?"

"You can't use magic effectively anyway, so there's no point in you being here. I'm much better suited for this situation. I can use my intelligence to find a way out."

"But why should you be the one to take the risk? I'm the one who got caught, so I should pay the price," Leo argued.

Lena considered his words. "Even if we use spirit power, we must define the magic we're trying to eliminate. For that, we need the crystal to connect us. It's probably reaching its limit, so—"

"Lena!"

"Stop interrupting me!" Lena shouted back, her voice loud and angry.

Her freckled cheeks flushed red, and she glared at him.

"Do you even realize how serious this is? We're in life-or-death danger! We're going to die, all because of this body-switching spell!"

Her desperation and fear struck Leo. He had never seen Lena look this vulnerable.

She continued, her voice intense. "You may have made things worse, but I started all of this by switching bodies so carelessly. It's my responsibility to fix this. I will fix this situation!"

Lena's words were passionate and driven, yet Leo wasn't convinced.

"Why should you bear the burden of my mistakes?" he asked.

Lena tried to explain. "We need to focus on dissolving the magic spell. This crystal connects us, but it may be at its limit soon."

"Lena!" Leo shouted again.

"Be quiet!" she snapped.

"Stop talking like you're helpless! Do you even know how dangerous this is? We're about to die because of this spell!"