Chapter 8: Leo receives the gift of harassment.

It has been one week since school started.

Leo, seeing the harsh reality before him, leaked out a sigh.

(No matter where I look, I can't find it...)

Indeed. His important Karlheinz Raimund gold coin, no matter how much he searched it was nowhere to be found.

At every possible chance, he searched around the courtyard, carefully observing every nook and cranny, however, his beloved Kar-sama's appearance was nowhere to be seen.

Certainly, Kar-sama was picked up by some greedy person who is now grasping his precious item in their hands, admiring it's value all day and night. Thinking such things, Leo's stomach felt like it was tossing and turning.

As I thought, I should have immediately requested the Marquis to return me to the courtyard at that time. Well, no matter how much I blame myself, what's done is done. But the anxiety rises.

At night it's only possible to get 8 hours of sleep. Even food, I can only eat one person's portion.

Today as well, Leonora sat wearily near the window, gazing outside. His classmates sitting around him have started to give him the nickname 「Mistress of Gloom」 or 「Spirit of the Courtyard」 but that he did not know.

(What to do...Maybe I should give up and return to the city...)

Leo once again breathed out a sigh.

Not only can't I find my gold coin, but I also can't even earn money here, there's no reason to stay. Well, not completely true, three meals a day and bath for free, for free! – It's important so I said it twice – It is certainly very reasonable circumstances. If I consider that this immediate life is basically guaranteed, there's no reason to leave either.

(The classes themselves are interesting too.)

For nobles, the most important class was magic class, but for Leo who grew up at Hannah Orphanage, he was very well well versed in a variety of things, with medicine mixing and experimentation being his forte.

In the Weiz language class, because of various circumstances he was easily misunderstood but, originally Leo was quite proficient in language studies. Regarding the equally propagated classical Elland language that rivaled the Weiz Empire's language, there were people who spoke it at the orphanage so because of that he could understand it as well, and to begin with, arithmetic was one of his strengths.

(Math is great isn't it. Formulas and graphs feel pretty dull but with simple calculations, it sure feels good to replace the numbers with small copper coins.)

Incidentally, by imagining the problems as stories such as 「Villager A goes to buy apples and chestnuts with 5 small copper coins」 Leo somehow or another managed to answer questions easily.

The classes are useful, and it's free, the meals are plentiful, and it's free. If there was a way to also earn money here, there would be no deliberation.

While idling contemplating, Leo's eyes suddenly flashed.

(Hey, think about this carefully, me. Money is not something that waits to be picked up. It is something you earn for yourself. Even if there are no employment options, there must be a way to make money. Calm down, and wait for the chance to appear!)

If I replace the word money with something else, maybe I can get some hints.

Leo continues to be absent-minded, taking no notice of the magic class he's currently in that serves him no purpose in the future. He started to consider what side jobs he could find in the academy.