🫶🏻Chapter 8:🗽NY in Chicago -That's What Good People Do. 🫶🏻

"Cases come and go

"Cases come and go. Jobs come and go. Bosses come and go. But I don't want you to come and go."

- Detective Jay Halstead

"We got this. We do."

Adam Ruzek
—————————————-
Elizabeth Ruzek had minor injuries which made Hannah and Adam and Kate and Bob relieved.

Hannah finally visited Elizabeth once things calmed down. Then Kate and Hannah helped Elizabeth go home and helped Bob and Elizabeth get settled.

Hannah didn't want to have anyone else get hurt. She had enough. Kyle and his crew got locked up without parole or possibility of parole. That's what Hannah wanted.

After Elizabeth and Bob were settled Hannah decided it was time to go out. After dealing with a heavy case. She wanted to relax.

**THE NEXT MORNING**

Before Hannah and Jay started dating, she knew about Jay's past relationship with Erin.

She knew that he was going to ask her to marry him right before she left.

She knew that it was serious.

What she didn't know was whether he was truly over her or not. Of course, he assured her that he no longer loved Erin.

However, after dealing with a drunk Erin last night she wasn't too sure.

Hannah couldn't shake how drunk and how open and honest Erin was last night...

Also, she saw Jay had her number when he had told her when they were partners he didn't have Erin's number anymore. So she was mad he lied to her again.

To say Hannah was annoyed was an understatement, she was pissed. All she wanted was for Jay to tell her the truth and she feared he wasn't going to be truthful.

To an outside eye they would think she was overreacting, which maybe she was, but to her, it was important especially when she has done nothing but be 100% honest with Jay.

When she woke in the morning she got up and got dressed and went for a run. The silence between them in the kitchen the next morning was almost suffocating.

Since Jay and Hannah woke up they didn't speak much, apart from a few mumbles here and there.

The run didn't help she came back from the run took a shower and then got dressed and slammed the cabinets as she was making breakfast.

Jay woke up and headed to the kitchen rubbing his eyes as she spoke to her. He gave her a greeting with a smile. She was still upset her greeting was serious.

They both served breakfast drank their coffee and ate in silence. Then cleaned up and watched TV in silence.

Jay had enough of the silence. She then grabbed their dishes and headed to the kitchen.