Chapter 15: Georgia & Chicago & Falling Apart In Bolivia- 😭When I Get Down😭

TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE, VIOLENCE , PAIN, INJURY, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, PAIN, MISSCARAGE, SELF HEALING, NSFW

The Introduction of Macy Simmons written by Mandatory Havoc taken from A Chance Worth Taking Chapters 1- 22 Also on here and Ao3 :

When Macy Simmons stepped off of the plane she was hit with the cold air of Chicago. Being a southern born and bred person, she wasn't used to the frigidness that was this.

She reminded herself that she didn't have to be here long and that she could get back home soon, back to the temperatures that she would never call cold again.

She made a mental note to talk to her friend Roxy about why she chose February to have her wedding in the Windy City as she grabbed her luggage from baggage claim and headed to the rental car line.

As she stepped to the counter and took out her ID, she smiled at the surly looking woman behind the scarred desk. "Hi, I have a car reserved for Macy Simmons," she said brightly.
"Figured you were here about a car lady. Let me see that identification so we can get you on your way." Well, she was a ray of sunshine. Jeez lady, was it such a bad day at work?

Five minutes later, Macy was stepping out into the coldest day she had known with the keys to her rental in hand. There was snow.

Lots of snow and that was something she never saw. Especially in these quantities. It made her inexplicably happy and childlike seeing it.

She immediately thought about making snow angels and pelting strangers with snowballs but knew that would be totally unacceptable and so she hurried on to find her car.

She couldn't have been more pleased to see the four wheel drive pick-up that had been assigned to her. At least they looked at requests here and honored them.

This would have to be her slice of home for her week-long stay. She hopped into the driver's seat and cranked it up, turning the heat on high before buckling her seat belt.

She warmed her hands in front of the vents before she put her friend's address in her GPS and reversed out of the lot. In thirty minutes she was pulling into her drive.

"You're here!" Roxy came rushing out of the house and down the steps to throw arms around her, almost knocking her over. "I am so excited to have you, this will be the best week Mace."

Chuckling, Macy stepped back to grab her luggage from the truck's backseat. "Not if I don't get in and get something hot to drink. I'll be frozen solid! How do you do this?"

Laughing, Roxy took her arm and led her inside to the warmth of a truly gorgeous home. "You get used to it. Just takes time."
"Well, I don't think there's enough time in the world for me to get used to it," Macy laughed. "Please tell me that fancy coffee machine of yours makes cappuccinos."