😟Chapter 17: Fill Up Whatever's Missing With Something Else😟

Macy was helping plan Will and Kates engagement party

Macy was helping plan Will and Kates engagement party. Before Macy went to bed, she logged in to check her emails. There was one from Kate about the engagement party and a small change that she was hoping to make and then one from the hospital back home, where she had been treated after Brandon had attacked her.

She clicked on it, wondering what they would be emailing her for this long after her visit. As she read, her eyes filled with tears, and they spilled over, rolling in waves down her cheeks.

This hadn't been expected at all, but that didn't change the hurt that it brought her. She backed out of the email and messaged her therapist. She needed a session as soon as possible.

Before she climbed into bed, she picked her phone and looked at Adam's contact details.

She should call him Meet up with him. Something. She felt this emptiness that she knew he would fill but she wasn't mentally ready for that yet either.

She called him without thought, holding her breath and wondering would he answer. She had just told him she was heading to bed, and now here she was ringing him up.

Adam: Mace? You okay?

Her lips trembled and she tried to keep that shake out of her voice.

Macy: No, not really.

Adam: take a deep breath Mace.

Macy: I um, I just got an email from the hospital that treated me when everything happened. It had some news that I wasn't given back then and it just shook me.

Adam: Are you okay? What is it? What can I do?

Macy: You can sit if you're standing, let's start there.

She paused and swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat.

Macy: Adam, they were checking in to see if I had followed up with an OB about the miscarriage.

He was silent for a minute.

Adam: Wait. Hold on. Follow up on a miscarriage? That would mean...

Macy: Yeah, that I was pregnant. I don't know how, I'm on birth control. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Adam.

She let the tears flow free and heavy down her cheeks.

Adam: Sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for. They say that stuff isn't a hundred percent anyway. Wait, is that how you found out that you were pregnant?

Macy:Yeah...

Macy spoke so softly that she doubted he had even heard her.

Adam: Oh my God Macy. I'm so sorry. I don't know what to do. I just, we were, damn. That's heavy.

Macy: Yeah I just thought you should know.

Adam: I Want you to have a good day. Do you need anything? Can I do anything to ease the feelings you're feeling?