Chapter 16 - The Entrance Exams

2 months later.

"Are you sure you boys have everything you need for the exams?" Mihoko asks Izuku and Hitoshi.

"Yes mom/aunty." The boys tell her as they get out of the car.

"I'll be here to pick you up at 4, alright? All the best now!" Mihoko tells the two boys before driving away.

"You nervous?" Izuku asks Hitoshi.

"A little." Hitoshi answers. "I mean its only the most important test of our lives right?" He says as a boy with a Quilava pushes past them.

"Keep moving!" The boy grunts as he continues to walk away, not giving the two boys a second glance.

"Bakugou's still pissed off eh?" Hitoshi asks Izuku.

"When is he not?" Izuku sighs. "Dudes been pissed since we met 2 months ago."

"I can't really blame him for that. He did lose his aunt and then his cousin went off the grid for almost a year without as much as a letter for him only to return and act as if nothing happened." Hitoshi points out as the two walk into the auditorium. Around them, over 3,000 students stood, some with their Pokémon next to them while other stood alone.

"Wow... that's a lot of people." Izuku says, stopping on the spot at the sight of the crowd.

"You good?" Hitoshi asks Izuku.

"Yeah. Just... I need to get used to the city life again." Izuku responds as they make their way to the exam hall, using their hall tickets and the numerous boards placed everywhere as a sign.

"This one's mine." Hitoshi says, stopping in front of a door that said 328.

"Mines further down the hall." Izuku sighs. "I'll see you after the exam. Cool?"

"Let's meet near the entrance. We'll make our way to the practice exams after that." Hitoshi tells Izuku as he enters the exam hall. "All the best." Hitoshi adds.

"All the best to you too." Izuku replies as turns and continues down the hall. Walking down the hall, he started to look at the various Pokémon that the examinees had brought with them. 'Cool! There are so many strong Pokémon here. They might not be on the same level as the Champion class or the Master Class but they certainly have the potential to reach there.' He thinks to himself.

Lost in his head, Izuku bumps into someone while walking. "Shit!" Izuku exclaims as he looks down at the fallen person. "I'm so sorry." Izuku apologizes as he helps the person up to their feet.

"It's... it's alright." A soft voice answers as the hoodie fell back, revealing short brown hair. "Thanks for helping me up though."

"Wow you're beautiful..." Izuku says, almost involuntarily.

"Wh-what?" The girl answers.

"Ah... I'm sorry, that... that was completely unintentional. I mean... you do look pretty, I just didn't mean to say it so randomly." Izuku tells her. "Sorry."

"I-It's fine." The girl responds.

"I'm Midoriya Izuku by the way." He introduces himself. "Nice to meet you." 

"Uraraka Ochako." She responds. "I should go now. My halls further down."

"Sorry about bumping into you. And uhm all the best!" Izuku tells her as the girl turns around and starts to walk towards the end of the hall. 'What the hell was that Izuku?' He mentally scolds himself as he looks around to see the room numbers on the doors. '371... 372... 373!' He mentally cheers as he finally sees his room number.