Chapter 4: The new partner.

It's been a week since the previous chapter, Subaru is still the hospital, meaning for the previous 7 days, Haru had to deal with investigations alone without a partner. Today aims to fix that problem, as Haru received a notification from work that they've assigned a new partner to assist him with work.

(Haru's POV.)

Here I am, sitting on my ass while the teacher is doing a lecture up front. Waiting for the time to get dismissed so I can get to the station, while I preferred to just wait for Subaru-san to recover I guess a temporary partner to work with isn't so bad either.

After what felt like an eternity, we're finally dismissed. Before I head to the station though I have someone to visit first. So I just messaged chief Kaito that I'll be late and to ask the new person to wait, he'll probably understand.

Some walking later, I reached the hospital that Subaru-san was staying at.

I got her room number from the reception, and then went on my way to her room. Once I was there I was greeted by a surprised look from her. "Hey there." I said. "How have you been doing here?" I then asked.

"Can't wait to get out."
"Probably not gonna happen too soon. Focus on recovering."

"Well, how have you been doing without me?" Subaru-san asked.
"Eh, could be better, not used to investigating stuff alone."
"Mn... I heard they found a new partner for you."
"Yeah but... I probably still prefer you as a partner..."

She blushed when she heard that and I started blushing too... Fuck, I made it weird.

"U-uhh... I have to go now... I just asked the chief if I could visit you before heading to the station..."

I bid her farewell before I went to leave, feeling happy that she was alright. Minus the boredom of being left alone for hours of course.

I walked out of the hospital and then headed to the station, pulling out my phone to call chief Kaito to apologize once again for being late, I let out a smile when he said that it was fine.

After I reached the station, the chief greeted me. "Hey there chief." I greeted.

"Haru, great timing, your new partner is waiting, you should go meet her now."
"Her?" Huh, someone from the opposite gender. Neat I guess.

"Yes, her, she's waiting for you, now go."
"Got it boss."

I was told my new partner would be waiting at my desk, I'm a little nervous meeting her but I quickly composed myself and walked over to my desk where she was supposed to be waiting. As I started to catch a glimpse of my partner my heart started pounding. Hold on... Something's off...

There she was, sitting on my desk, wearing a maid outfit, she was facing away from me so she didn't notice my presence and I couldn't see her face. But I had a gut feeling on who my new partner was...

Then, she turned around and looked at me, she had bright yellow eyes and had brown hair that was tied into a ponytail, it was Roboco. I was dumbfounded. "R-Roboco..? What are you doing here..?" I asked her.

She smiled. "I'm your new partner, I'm looking forward to it, Haru." She says. My mind blanked, my new partner for police work is... Roboco..?

She then waves her hand in front of my face, calling out my name. "Haru? Hellooo? Are you there?" She called out, finally making me come back to my senses.
"U-uh... what..?" I mumbled out, and Roboco responded by giggling.
"I'm your new partner now." She said so casually, my mind was still reeling.