Chapter 6: Can't be denied anymore.

(Roboco's POV.)

It's been a few days since Haru and I played a game together, the memories of that day still fresh on my mind. Mainly from how happy I was that I got to spend time with him outside of work. I was hanging around at COVER Technologies during my day shift, not much going on just lugging around bits and bobs of spare android parts and a few unassuming pieces of tech, mostly computer chips and cooling fans, though there was a computer monitor that came from the office building since it stopped working, now it's just gonna be cannibalized for components that could be recycled.

"Hm? Did something happen Robocosan? You've been in a good these past few days." Koyori-san asked me, it was only then did I notice the smile that found its way on my face. And that's when I started blushing, realizing I was still thinking about that day... I guess I was just really happy that it happened. "Ah... It's nothing, don't worry about it..." I responded, trying to hide my flushed face. "Oh? Are you sure? You're usually pretty emotionless when at work..." Koyo-san then asked me. "Do you happen to be thinking of Haru-kun~? Hehe..." Those words, once I processed them, immediately made my face flush red. How did she know that?

"N-no... It's just... Today is a good day isn't it?" I stuttered out, though it was clear she wasn't buying that excuse. "Hmmm... Sure..." Thank god she didn't push it further... I don't know what else to say if she continued asking. After this we just focused on work again, though the events of that day remained in my head, now I feel lonely if Haru isn't around... All I want now is to get to work with him at our usual shift at the station. I still don't know what's going on with me, and why I feel so clingy all of a sudden.

After what seemed like forever, I walked out of COVER Technologies and went to the station, for once I didn't wear my usual maid outfit and just wore a pink hoodie, it's much easier to move around in after all. After a train ride and a short walk, I reached the station to find Haru just arriving at the same time as me. Looks like I arrived just in time. "Hey..." Haru greeted me, and he let me walk in first before he went in himself. "So, how was work today?" He then asked me as we walked to his desk. "Mmm... Nothing much happened today, better than dealing with corpses."
We reached Haru's desk and a familiar figure was there waiting for us, one that he was really happy to see.

"Hm? Oi! Robocosan! Haru-kun!" Subaru-san happily greets us with a smile, and Haru responded with a smile of his own as he sped up his pace towards her and the two shared a tight embrace. "How are you? Are you doing fine now? I probably shouldn't be hugging you so tightly though..." He says with a look of concern.
"Oh I'm fine! Actually couldn't wait to get back here, really missed you y'know?" Subaru-san responded as they continued to hug, I don't know why but... This interaction hurts me... I don't get it.
After a while, the two of them then pulled back, and Subaru was giving me a slightly devious look. She definitely knows what's on my mind right now...

"Well, I should go back to work now, wouldn't wanna spoil the moment the two of you might have, hehe!" She then says, giving me a playful and suggestive smirk. Crap, she does know...! Once Subaru was gone, it was just me and Haru again, and we sat at his desk and started our work for the day. No traces of METALMAW or his boss for today, seems like a good sign but I still feel uneasy, it probably means he's preparing for something... All we can do now is wait for what's gonna happen and act quickly when the time comes. Even with the peace and quiet that we have at the office today, I'm still feeling on edge.

"... Is it bad that I'm wishing we're dealing with that android instead of this?" Haru then blurted out, and I shuddered at the thought. "... Not funny..." I just responded, seriously, METALMAW's trying to kill him and he's seriously hoping that we're facing him right now on the streets? "If it keeps you safe, I'd rather have you work at the office instead of on the street." I told him with full seriousness. "Alright... Sorry about that, was just bored..." He then said, I was still somewhat annoyed at him for saying that but I felt some relief from those words at least.