Chapter 12: Getting ready.

(Haru's POV.)

Eugh... Already tired... But I'm glad to be back home now at least, the last few days were marred by constant pain from recovery and the fact that I'm mostly left alone for the day. The moment we went inside the house I immediately crash-landed on the sofa, and I immediately regretted it. "Ow! F-" I yelped out, covering my hand at the last moment to keep myself from swearing as the impact of hitting the cushions sent a sharp spike of pain to my shoulder. "Easy there... Unless you wanna lengthen the recovery time." Roboco remarked, and I just groaned in response as I lay back on the couch. "... Whatever, I'm just glad to be back..." Roboco just nodded at that before she went into the kitchen.
"Just wait there, you're probably hungry by now." I just lay there, my mind racing back to the events of the past few days. It feels weird thinking about how me and Roboco are essentially boyfriend and girlfriend now, in a good way of course. And the thought of it brought a smile to my face as I stared up at the ceiling. And then my phone buzzed from receiving a message send by the ever-so-nosy detective Amelia Watson.

[Amelia Watson]

[Amelia Watson]: Hey, mind if I watch from afar when you two have your first date? ;)

This girl... She's becoming an even bigger nuisance than ever now ever since my relationship with Roboco started, and I can imagine the smug and teasing look on her face on the other end of the line.

[You]: Fuck off.

I put my phone down after sending that message, not wanting to deal with any more teasing from her. And then I went back to laying down and staring at the ceiling while I silently planned for one thing: my date with Roboco. I know I should definitely be resting but who says I can't do both? I'm just gonna be lying down the whole day anyway. I'd by lying if I said I wasn't excited for it, a ton if mess happened recently sure, but that upcoming date is all I can think about. And neither one of us had done this before, but that only makes it more exciting, for me at least. Though I have a feeling Roboco's probably having a mental breakdown deep inside her CPU while she's cooking... And seeing that I'll probably get bored just laying around at home, I just got an idea. I slowly rose from the couch, being mindful of my injured shoulder as I went into the kitchen where Roboco was at the kitchen counter preparing ingredients to cook, ready to enact the devious plan I had. "Hm? Need something?" Roboco said once she noticed me, and I silently closed the distance between us until I was standing next to her with almost no space separating us. "Uh... What are you doing?" She asked, and I gave her a playful smirk. "Oh nothing, just wanted to see my cute girlfriend." The effect of that sentence was immediate, as evidenced by the redness quickly taking over her face. She just stood there silently for a moment, her CPU seemingly going blank from my statement. Eventually she finally rebooted herself enough to get her voice working. "C-Cute... G-Girlfriend...?" She stuttered out, her glowing yellow eyes wide and her entire head as red as a tomato from how flustered she was. Cue silence after that one, until I finally broke it with a laugh, pleased with myself that I managed to get the reaction I wanted from her. Once Roboco realized I just said that to fluster her she quickly cleared out most of the redness on her face, replacing it with a pout as she went back to what she was doing. "Hmph... You shouldn't be teasing your girlfriend like that you know..." She said, her adorable pout accompanied by a red tint on her cheeks as she tried her best to look annoyed. The sight of it making my heart flood with a warm sensation that made me drop the teasing as I moved behind her, wrapping my arms around her waist affectionately and making her squeal. "I meant what I said though." While I couldn't see her face from this angle, I could tell the blush on her face was spiking up again. "S-Stop teasing... I can't focus on cooking like this..." She says, her hands moving down to land on my arms coiled around her waist. "L-Let go..." She protested, but I could tell she didn't mean a single word in her sentence from the fact her grip on my arms tightened when I tried to pull away. "Let go of my arms then?" I responded, and she responded by holding them tighter. "N-No..." She mumbled, I really wish I could see her face right now...