12: The Piercing

I woke up the next morning just to see Hermione getting ready. It was a school day, obviously. I got up and asked straight away:

"Have you seen Harry?"

"Yeah, he came early morning to see you but you were asleep. The tournament is in 2 weeks." She answered with a cracky morning voice.

"Oh god" I fell back in bed and sighed loudly.

"Why is this even happening" I asked Hermione, who was still too busy with putting on her uniform.

"I don't know, but you have to get ready, you'll have to answer lots of questions today" she said.

"What?"

"About Harry. Tell them Harry has nothing to do with this and he never cheated, or they will walk on him"

I nodded with a sad expression.

"I know" Hermione continued "Sometimes you gotta lie to save a loved one from judgement.. And justice"

"Wait, what?" I suddenly stood up "so you think that Harry lied too? Didn't I tell you he was snugging with some Rawenclaw?"

"Oh, so you think he got chosen for nothing at all?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Of course I think so, he always gets chosen for nothing at all when it comes to dangerous stuff!"

~~~

We all sat at the Gryffindor dining table. Everyone was giving me direct, dirty looks. as excepted. They were obviously thinking that I was part of what Harry did- or didn't do. I could not get myself to eat. I just put my fork on the table and asked Hermione:

"Do you know where he is?"

"He was here earlier. He wanted to get rid of breakfast soon because eating while watching them.. " Hermione glanced at the students, all of them looking at us, with a disgusted look on her face "is not such a great idea"

"Yeah.." I mumbled "I guess he did the right thing"

"He's not safe.. Again" Hermione whispered to me after some minutes.

"I know" I could feel tears forming in my eyes. "I gotta go" I said, stood up and left.

I spotted Fred and George entering the hallway. I looked somewhere else on purpose.

"Y/n!" George yelled as I walked past them. I turned around and looked down at my feet.

"Oh, hi" I greeted them.

"How are you.. Doing?" Fred asked. He seemed to be examining my face slowly. Maybe he noticed how close I was to crying.

"Well.. Yeah I'm fine" I smiled at looked at Fred directly in the eye.

He had changed, a lot. More mature, his hair was slightly grown.

"We heard about Harry.." Fred muttered.

"Damn, that's tough" George looked behind and then back at me.

"We can help you whenever you want, in whatever you want to" Fred said.

"No, help Harry. I'm okay"

"We will." He said in a stark tone, ready to do anything I would have said.