Chapter 15 C-o-n-g-r-a-t-u-l-a-t-i-o-n-s Your P-r-e-g-n-a-n-t, Mrs. Agreste!

Adrien's POV:

    "I'm concerned about my wife's health. She has been feeling unwell recently and has thrown up twice this week. I've noticed that her hair is shorter than when we got married, probably due to her haircut last week."

    "I asked Marinette, 'Is everything alright in there?' as I heard her sobbing from the bathroom. I entered to check on her and could hear her whimpering. I held her close and offered, 'Mari, do you think, you need to see a doctor? I will take you if you do.'"    

     "I watched as Marinette washed her hands and brushed her teeth. I helped her choose some clean clothes and said, 'I will put these in the wash,' as I picked up the dirty ones. I added them to the washing machine with some detergent and other clothes, and started the machine for her."

           I check on her again and notice that she is dressed already, so I help her fix her hair.

        As Marinette tries to fasten her shoes, she groans, "My ankles hurt, Adrien." Upon closer inspection, I notice that her feet are swollen. "Hmm, we will buy you some new shoes after we see the doctor," I assure her as I help her put on some chapstick and find her shoes.

         I grab her purse, and my wallet, and hold onto her arm. "It is time to go, Marinette," I say gently. I drive her to the doctor's office hoping it is nothing serious. I sure hope it is not the flu or Covid, I thought.

       The doctor ran some tests and returned in a few moments with a grin. "Mr. and Mrs. Agreste, everything is fine. I assure you it's not a virus, the flu, or covid." "What? Then, why has she thrown up twice this week, and multiple times within the last two weeks?" Adrien asks. The doctor chuckles under his breath. "You are new at this, aren't you? Congratulations, Mrs. Agreste, you are pregnant!" The doctor announces. 

    Adrien looks at Marinette, relieved that it is not an illness. "Wait, did you say, pregnant?" Adrien asks. "Yes, I sure did, young man," The doctor says. 

     "Wow, Marinette, we are going to be parents!" Adrien squeals. He is thrilled. "Well, let's get you those new shoes I promised you. We get graham crackers, ginger ale, anything else you need, and diapers while we are at the store."  With that, Adrien helped Marinette out to the car. 

     Adrien drove to the store. Once inside he looked around for the women's shoes. "May I help you sir?" The sales clerk asks. "Yes, I was looking for women's shoes, my wife is expecting a baby and could use some more comfortable footwear," Adrien explains.

    "Right this way, and congratulations, to both of you," The sales clerk Rosa says. She shows them the shoes. Marinette smiles and picks out some sandals, and tennis shoes. She gets some socks and adds the diapers to the cart too. Then, she adds wipes, a diaper bag, and bibs to the cart.

      Then, Adrien takes her to the food section where he gets the ginger ale and Graham crackers as promised. Marinette adds apple juice, white grape juice, three cans of tuna, a box of Cheetz it's, cereal, raisins, stuff for making a salad, salad dressing, spaghetti noodles, spaghetti sauce, hamburger, fresh parmesan cheese, and jello to the cart.

      Adrien smiles. "Anything else you want to grab while we are here?" He asks. "Yes, some ice cream would be nice." Marinette answers. "Well, then, we will get you some ice cream,  Adrien says. He takes her to the ice cream aisle and his jaw drops as she picks out mint chocolate chip, strawberry, vanilla, and some butter pecan. He adds a carton of orange sherbert in case she wants some later. He knows how much she likes it.

        They are almost at the checkout when Marinette says, "Could you get some garlic bread, gummy bears, Cool Whip, chocolate syrup, and strawberries?"  Adrien nods his head. He knows better than to argue with his pregnant wife. He finds the items and adds them to the cart. Marinette kisses him. "Thanks, darling."  She enters the lady's bathroom.

     Adrien pays for the purchases.  Marinette exits the bathroom. They head to the car.  Before they can head home, Marinette sees a pizza restaurant. "Could we get pizza for lunch?" Marinette asks. "Sure thing, after all, we need to celebrate our good news," He tells her.

  They stop for lunch. After lunch,  they purchase two to-go orders of cheese sticks, chicken wings, pizza, and cheesecake, they head home.

  After arriving home, Adrien insists on putting away the groceries by himself. Marinette places the two go boxes in the refrigerator and then sits down to watch TV while Adrien sorts out the groceries. He places the shoes in the closet of their bedroom.

        Alya sent a text to Marinette saying "Girl, guess what?" to which Marinette replied, "I have no idea, what?" "Alya then revealed that she was adopting two children, to which Marinette congratulated her and revealed that she was pregnant. Alya congratulated; Marinette and asked her who would be in charge should something happen to her and Adrien. Marinette replied that Nino and Alya would be in charge. Alyw was thrilled to hear that and said that she would inform Nino.

     "Adrien is smiling. 'Did you inform Alya and Nino about our news?' Marinette responds, 'Yes, I texted Alya. She is delighted for us and will inform Nino. Also, I requested Alya and Nino to be the godparents.' Adrien replies, 'That's fantastic, my love. I'm glad they are happy for us.''

      After a few weeks had passed, the recipients received several packages from different locations. One of the packages was from Paris, France, and was wrapped in blue and red. It contained baby music CDs, a CD player from Nino, and baby books from Alya. The next package contained a small photo album and a camera from Max. The third package arrived from London, sent by Felix and Kagami. It contained adorable baby clothes and a changing table. Adrien would need to assemble the changing table, but it was nice not to have to shop for one. Sabine and Tom sent a package from Thailand with adorable frames, some rice, and a tiny pair of baby shoes.  

      Ivan and Mylene's package arrived next from Scotland. It had a baby crib and a high chair inside which meant more assembling to be done by Adrien. The rest of the baby things they needed came from Luka and Zoe who resided in Switzerland.

          "Wow, our friends and family sure sent lots of things to help with the baby," Marinette remarks. "Yes, they sure did, my darling, Marinette," Adrien remarks. They are now cuddling on the sofa.

      Two months later, Marinette wakes up in pain. She sobs. She worries something is wrong. Adrien assures her everything is fine.  He sees her almost pass out and knows she is right. What could be wrong?

  Find out more in Chapter 16

Until then,

bye-bye,

little owlets!

Summer out!