Chapter 16 Something is wrong

*Warning contains sad details may need a kleenex and feel a need  for extra hugs.

     Marinette's POV:

   It has only been two months since I found out the good news. I am pregnant and am to be the mother of my husband, Adrien's child. The trouble is I woke up today all achy and felt like something was off.

      "Adrien, something is wrong," I wince.

     "Marinette calm down I am sure everything is fine," Adrien tries to reassure me.

     "Adrien, I am telling you something is wrong," I try to explain. Suddenly, I feel weak.

          I start to pass out. Adrien holds me. I can tell he is worried now.

             Adrien's POV:

          What do I do? My wife has passed out. I better get her to the emergency room. She was worried about the baby. She looks a bit pale. I hope she and the baby will be okay. The whole way there I thought, please let Marinette and the baby be alright. Please.

             I arrived as soon as I could to the hospital. I helped her into a wheelchair and pushed it inside.  "Help, my wife is pregnant and all gray, and pale. I am afraid. Someone, help me! She said something earlier that something was wrong. I am not sure what she meant."  I explain.

          The doctors and nurses give me a look of sympathy, "Mr. Agreste we will do all we can for your wife and the baby. Now sit tight." One of the doctors, doctor Brown says.

             I do not say another word. I sit in the waiting room. I can't help it. I know something is wrong. The question is, what?

             I start to cry. Soon someone comes and lays a hand on my shoulder I look up to see Nino standing there with Alya. I see Alix and Kim came too.

             I am so grateful they came. "Thanks for coming," I say sadly.

             "Dude, we are here for you and Marinette 100%," Nino says. "Marinette's my best friend, and you are her husband, of course, I came," Alya says. "Alya texted me," Alix explains. "I was on a date with Alix when she got the text," Kim adds.

              "How did you know even to come here, Alya?" Adrien asks. "I was on the way over to your house with Nino when I saw you in the car with Marinette, and followed you," Alya remarks. "Yeah, Alya knew immediately something was wrong," Nino remarks.

            Adrien's friends pray with him while the doctors and nurses check to see what's happening with  Marinette and the baby.  Marinette sobs. She has regained consciousness again but feels in pain. She sobs. "Doctor, the baby," Marinette begs him.

             Doctor Brown runs some tests. He smiles and then frowns. He feels horrible at what he has seen. Marinette appears to be in good shape, but the baby is not. He does not know how to tell her.  

            "Marinette Agreste, would you rather I bring your husband into the room?" He asks.

            "Yes, thank you," Marinette says. Her eyes are all red from all the crying.

               Doctor Brown goes to bring Adrien back into the room. "Mr.Adrien Agreste?" He asks.

                    Adrien stands up, the others stay put because they feel it is too private of a moment to intrude on them. He follows the doctor into the room and takes a sit. He scoots the chair closer to the bed. He holds Marinete's hand. "I here, dear," Adrien says.

                    The doctor looks at them both with sympathy. "The good news is Marinette is healthy. The bad news she went into early labor and no one seems to know why. We did all we could but the baby only weighed 0.6 ounces and she did not make it," Doctor Brown says.

                       Adrien weeps and climbs onto the bed. He holds onto his wife. The doctor leaves. He understands they should grieve together. He tells the others in the waiting area the same information.

               Alya's POV:

           "Nino, I feel so bad for them," Alya says and cries. Nino does the same. "Same here, Alya, I mean they were supposed to be parents and now this happened."

          Alya held onto Nino and him to her. They needn't say another word.

           A few hours later, Alya and Nino went to see their grief-stricken friends. Alya hugged them both, and then Nino hugged them. 

             Alya went to see the doctor and told them she would handle the funeral arrangements. "It is the least I can do for them. Marinette and Adrien are our best friends," She explains.

           Doctor Brown nods his head in agreement. He hands her the paperwork to fill out.

               Alix and Kim's POV:

             The two sat there in shock at the news. They wept. They hugged and wept some more. They hugged Adrien then Marinette.  Alix took the hair band she was wearing and handed it to Marinette.  Kim handed over a box of Kleenex.

             Later, Alix sent flowers to the Agreste home, and Kim arranged for some food to be sent over.  They felt it was best not to trouble them with anything else.

         That night was hard for all of them, especially, Marinette and Adrien. Marinette woke up in the middle of the night.

        Marinette's POV:

            I woke up feeling so empty. It is hard to believe months ago we were so happy about being parents and now that's all been taken away. We did not even get to name our daughter.

              I hear Alya offered to help us with the funeral. That was so generous of her and Nino. 

               I hear Adrien crying in his sleep. My poor husband, I think now the shock is over he is hurting more than ever. I kiss his forehead.

            "My poor girl, my poor baby girl," He says in his sleep. "I know, it is okay to be sad, and we have each other," I tell him.

            Adrien wakes up, "Yes, we do."  I let him wrap his arms around me. "Adrien, I want to try again, but not yet," I tell him. "I understand," He says.

       Two weeks later, the funeral was lovely. Alya made sure the baby had a nice small casket that was pink. Alix brought roses and displayed some over it. The rest she gave to Alya and Marinette, and kept the last one for herself.  Kim choked up as he spoke words over the baby. Words to encourage the grieving parents. He sat beside Alix when he finished. Nino helped dig the hole.

         "Goodbye, baby girl, we love you, Annie Lou," Marinette whispers. Adrien whispers," Good bye our precious daughter."

        Everyone leaves.  

Time skip!

Two months later, Marinette squeals! She has some good news. She frowns, but what if this baby does not make it either? She sighs.

Find out more in Chapter 17

 Until then,

bye-bye,

little owlets!

Summer out!