Chapter 18 Emma is Here

Time skip brought to you by Adrien's shoelaces and cheesy smile!

   Four years later...

  The doorbell rang and Hugo saw a lady holding a baby. He wasn't sure why she was there.

    "Mom, Dad, someone is at the door," Hugo called out.

    Adrien checks to see who it is and smiles. He answers the door and takes the baby and her things from the lady. "Thanks, so much, " He says. The lady smiles, "It was not trouble at all Mr. Agreste, I am just glad she can go to a good home."  Marinette comes out of the bedroom and sees Hugo jumping up and down. "Dear, who was the door?" She asks. "Some lady left a baby," Hugo answers.  Marinette sees the baby girl and smiles. "Awe, isn't she adorable, Adrien?" She asks.

      "Mom, Dad, whose is she?" Hugo asks. "She is our daughter and your little sister. We adopted her," Marinette explains. "What does adopted mean?" Hugo asks, looking confused as if he can't quite grasp the concept yet. "It means we signed the papers to make her ours," Adrien adds.

Hugo shrugs his shoulders, but he understands that if it is fine with them, it must be okay. "What is the baby's name?" Hugo asks. "Her name is Emma," Marinette says. "Emma, that is a lovely name," Adrien agrees. "Yes, Emma is here!" Hugo exclaims.

Despite, his initial confusion, Hugo is happy that Emma came to live with them.

        Time Skip once more...brought to you by Marinette's ribbons!

          Ten years later, Emma is now ten years old, and her big brother Hugo is fourteen. He blushes at a pretty girl in his class. Emma ignores the gross boys in her class. She could care less about them. All they do is flirt with girls; one boy claims he has a girlfriend. Emma doesn't believe him because they are too young for those sorts of things.

       When Emma is fourteen she has a crush on a boy named Nathan, but she does not think he notices her. She has no idea he likes her. When she is sixteen she decides she likes the new boy. She never dates him. He is with Cindy. She is no boyfriend stealer. At age eighteen, she goes to a new school. She is sad because she does not have anyone there. Three days into the new school year, a new boy arrives. She smiles because she recognizes him. It is her friend, Nathan.

       "Hi, Nathan," Emma says. "Hi, Emma," He says.

     The two pick up where they left off as if they had never been apart. Soon, Adrien and Marinette notice Nathan loves their daughter but is unsure if she loves Nathan. 

      One day, today, Nathan tells Emma, "I have to move soon." Emma cries and holds him tight. "What? But you can't leave, you are my best friend."  Nathan holds her and sobs more. "I know, but I have to go because my father remarried and my stepmother thinks we all should have a fresh start somewhere else that is not in Italy,"  Nathan explains. Emma refuses to stop crying how can she when Nathan, her Nathan is leaving? She might never see him again.

     "Emma, I will miss you, but I have something for you," Nathan says. "What is it?" Emma ask. Nathan hands her two roses and then gives her an envelope. He sees her confusion. "The envelope contains my new address on the paper inside so you can write to me," Nathan explains. Emma nods her head. She promises to keep in touch. 

 "Oh, and one more thing, beautiful, Emma," Nathan says as he stares into her eyes. The same ones he has longed to see every day. "What is it Na-...?" Emma starts to ask, but is cut off when he catches her by surprise and kisses her lips. He is gentle, but his kiss means everything to her. Emma wraps her arms around him letting the flowers go for the moment, and slowly kisses him back. She wishes this moment could last forever. 

     Soon, Nathan pulls away. "y-you k-kissed me..." Emma stutters. Nathan smirks, "Yes, that is what a boy does when he loves someone," He says. Emma gasps, "W-wait, you love me?" Nathan replies, "Yes, I love you, I always have, buttercup," Nathan says. "I love you too, Robin," Emma responds. "Robin?" Nathan asks. "Yes, you have red hair and it reminds me of Robin's chest," Emma blurts out. Nathan laughs.  Emma laughs. The two shared one more kiss before Nathan had to leave for good.

  Nathan leaves and that was the last Emma saw of him. She never knew it, but Nathan felt as if a small piece of him would always remain in Italy, and she like a small piece of her would go with him wherever he lived.

Adrien, Marinette, and Hugo all felt sorry for Emma. Nathan left, and her smile seemed to fade.  

  This is the end of the regular part of the story.

  bye-bye,

little owlets!

Summer out!