And so it Begins

(Art by SerinityAInfernoArt)

"Naki! The charter service says that we canceled all our buses, and they have no more available for the dates we need! Not only that, the hotel said that they gave our slots to some banquet because we withdrew our deposit which means we wanted a cancellation."

Shera palmed her cheeks, her wild red curls bouncing as she shook her head. "Naki this week is swarming with competitions since the town is hosting the home games and almost every place will be booked! And now we have to figure out how to get to the competitions. Why did you cancel?!"

Naki clutched his notebook, he had people on all sides of him. Some were panicking, one had come to him crying. The scouts would be at the archery competition and this was an opportunity for many of the students to go pro. It was a massive week, something that the Council had poured themselves into weeks ago and now mayhem had ensued. 

"No Shera it wasn't me, I've just told Ivor and Cassandra that somehow the booking system sent out some mass cancellation request over the weekend and now all of our reservations are lost. Just give me a moment please. I've taken down your name and club. I am heading to the council room now so we can try to solve everything."

"Solve what, dude!?" Troy was puffed up like a man on steroids, "I knew you would keep fucking up! It's my home game, kid! My fucking home game, and your dumb ass had the rooms canceled for the team we are playing! Now they are trying to go to the board saying we are committing foul play trying to play mind games or some shit to rattle them. Aren't you the one with all the shit on your computer? You are the only one who could cause this!"

"No, my laptop was safely locked up in the Council Room all weekend. No one has access to it and even if they did, everything is biometrics and there is just no way that-"

"Bro, who leaves their business computer at school over a weekend before all these major events are happening?! Do you not check your emails? Oh wait, you were fucking up outside too. Everyone saw all that shit happen. My dad's fucking car is still lost! It's no wonder your daddy had to put his hand in to get you a role. He didn't think about you screwing it up for the rest of us."

"Naki don't listen to Troy about any of that, but it does seem unwise that you left your laptop. Did someone hack it? Did you really get no notifications about the cancellations? The arrows were also turned away so we don't even have equipment. Most of these events are this weekend. Really what is going to be done? We can't accept that you have our names and you'll be in touch. We need more."

"Where the fuck is the President and Vice President? This lost freshman isn't going to solve shit. You are a terrible Club Ambassador! Since you're just going to go cry to the grown ups anyways, hurry up and call them so we can get shit going."

"I take my title very seriously and I am already working on everything! I simply cannot do it all at once and I'm asking that you would each send an email so that I know exactly what was canceled for each-"

"Do you know how crammed we are on last minute training?" Ivor was obviously stressed, his horns appearing. "We don't have time for that. Don't you have records? Shouldn't you know who needs what?"

A hand suddenly appeared on his shoulder and Naki saw a brown tint, hoping desperately it was Saalah. He spun to find multi colored eyes looking at him intensely, and he stepped back. "Oh no, I cannot do this right now. Aesmond, right? Seriously I can't. I don't know anything about the decision on your role so please just-"

Aesmond held up his hands. "Naki please, I would never bother you with my trivial matters at this time. Actually in hopes that I was accepted, I used my time over the weekend to compile data. I really like compiling details," Aesmond smiled but his face still looked analyzing.