Chapter 2

Chester had been corrupted by the crippling networks of thoughts that erupted through his mind. His interpretation of the situation between Parker and Jennifer was closing in on him, suffocating him, engulfing him.. all he could hear was the battle of the voices in his head. But he wasn't a mad man, and far from it. In fact, he'd been the only forward thinking of the trio that sat at the crumbling, rotting wooden table that was unfortunately gifted to Jennifer by her late mother-in-law (who of which Parker soon came to realise forgot who she was and thought Jennifer was collecting the table to throw into the landfill, and Jennifer could never bring herself to rid of the memories it burrowed.)
Parker was, after a brief period of time that felt intensely longer than it had been, finally finished fiddling with the camera for filming Jennifer's first conversation with them.
"Ready Chester?" Parker asked, tilting his head towards the chair beside him.
"Mhm" Chester mumbled, holding up his camera at his eye height.
The light sparked on in a large flash from the camera. Jennifer was startled by the sudden burst of garish glow from the camera, but began laughing out of what one could only believe to be embarrassment. She reached for Parker's arm and squeezed it, muttering;
"Oh my god! Those things are.. wretched aren't they?" Followed by a chuckle that drew breath from her quicker than a stab in the back.
"Uh, yeah, I guess" Parker raised his brows in an awkward attempt to agree with her. Perhaps he started seeing how she truly was? At least, in Chester's mind?
"Alright, so can you tell us what's been going on lately, Jennifer" Parker asked, gently.
"Well..." she paused to consider what to say. "A few weeks ago I was reading in my room when I heard strange noises outside. I casually ignored it before hearing a gathering of howls outside in the forest. I didn't know what to do, and a few guys have started disappearing in my area, even. One being my latest boyfriend, too." She choked in her through for a bit, before sighing. She glanced at the camera, as if to signal she had nothing else to say, and felt uncomfortable with the glaring beam that showed every pore on her face.
"Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that" Parker glazed his hand over her fingers, gazing into the camera as he did so. This made Chester extremely uncomfortable, as it would anyone.