Chapter 2

The violent noise of the scraping chair being tugged across the floor echoed throughout the kitchen. Parker's eyes widened slightly at Chester in frustration with the sound. Chester shrugged in response, signalling how he didn't intentionally cause the noise. Jennifer had already sat down, intertwining her fingers in anticipation.
It was fairly obvious to Chester's outside perspective that Jennifer was attracted to Parker, and Parker returned that feeling. Watching their eyes like together in a desperate effort to find a way together was painful to watch, Chester thought, as he knew this type of relationship would end in another heartbreak for Parker. They always did.
I mean, who was Chester to judge? She could be the love of his life.
Or his worst nightmare.
Whatever role she may play in Parker's life, Chester could not just stand by and watch as he always did. He understood at some point over the course of this trip that he would confess to Parker feelings he never had before. How he felt about Jennifer. And his overall attitude towards finding a woman to date.
How he fell in love too quickly.
And always with the wrong person.
If he just opened his eyes... she'd be standing there.
"She".